• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New Axial Wraith coming soon...!

WOW!

Also the steering servo and linkage totally sucks and I will be upgrading that as well, so what are y'alls recommendations on a great servo and also is it possibly to do the upgrade linkage myself, or is that something I just need to buy? The lower links are easy enough to do, cause they are straight, but the steering has a bend in it and also has the servo arm attachment point, so I don't know if I can Fab this part up???
-Clint

You don' have to replicate all of the bends so a shape like this works.
Wraith_Ti_Steering_TieRod__09404.1428071144.1280.1280.jpg

The drag link goes to the steering knuckle instead of on the link. These are stainless steel rods that I bent and threaded for the rod ends.

Last edited:
Another 1K wraith in the making....hehe

Love mine, good luck, a lot of great info on this site, just gotta dig.

Oh, why did you have to break the bad news to him. I think that's around where my Wraith ended up by the time it was "done"/reliable.

Gearing down will help your situation tremendously. Note that pinions smaller than 17t will not reach the stock 80t spur, you will need the slightly larger 87t spur to match. If you haven't let the smoke out of the stock motor yet, start at either 13/87 or 14/87 and see how you like it.

Everyone has their $.02 on servos. The Wraith platform is very hard on servos with it's locked diffs, large tires, sharp steering angle. Mine's broken plenty over the years. I suggest no less than 400oz/in if your crawling. I eventually had to suck it up and purchase a Hitec 7980 (and make a mount) because I was breaking 7954's and 7950's.

Which speed controller did yours come with? The AE-2 has programmable drag brake through a "Castle Link" and PC. The newer (lamer, not programmable) AE-5 uses this goofy plug setup to switch from theoretically 50 and 100% drag brake.

Oh, why did you have to break the bad news to him. I think that's around where my Wraith ended up by the time it was "done"/reliable. Gearing down will help your situation tremendously. Note that pinions smaller than 17t will not reach the stock 80t spur, you will need the slightly larger 87t spur to match. If you haven't let the smoke out of the stock motor yet, start at either 13/87 or 14/87 and see how you like it. Everyone has their $.02 on servos. The Wraith platform is very hard on servos with it's locked diffs, large tires, sharp steering angle. Mine's broken plenty over the years. I suggest no less than 400oz/in if your crawling. I eventually had to suck it up and purchase a Hitec 7980 (and make a mount) because I was breaking 7954's and 7950's. Which speed controller did yours come with? The AE-2 has programmable drag brake through a "Castle Link" and PC. The newer (lamer, not programmable) AE-5 uses this goofy plug setup to switch from theoretically 50 and 100% drag brake.

Hmmm... I'm not sure which ESC mine came with. I just got my wraith about two weeks ago. It's not here at my house for me to check, I keep it up at my office for the time being. So what would I do in order to program either one of the ESC's? And thank you for all the info you suggested! Very helpful! I'm going with the 43t/13t in rear and SD in the front. I want to still have some speed for getting around, but the advantage of better torque with the lower gearing in the rear!

BTW, can y'all see my photo I posted? For some reason I'm having issues and it's not showing up for me on my above post???

Ok, I had the manual here and I checked. I do have the AE-2 ESC. So if the drag brake is set to 100% will it hold the wraith completely from rolling on any incline when no throttle input is being used???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back