• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

new axial scx10 rubicon issues? help

Sound like you havin fun with the new jeep. Good luck with it. Go to the axial website and then go to blogs. About 5 or 6 down it tells how to mount the battery tray up front. Plus these notes. For a stock size large nicad, or lipo battery mounted up front. Ditch the tray that is made of plastic and drill two holes on the left and right sides where the plastic tray fits on the aluminum plate. Use two sided tape plus the battery straps to secure the battery. Trim the plastic spacers ( all three) so that the plate barely touches the servo when the shocks are all the way bottomed out. You may have to cut down the three retaining screws so they don't poke out the bottom. It makes it climb way better.

Last edited:
Sound like you havin fun with the new jeep. Good luck with it. Go to the axial website and then go to blogs. About 5 or 6 down it tells how to mount the battery tray up front. Plus these notes. For a stock size large nicad, or lipo battery mounted up front. Ditch the tray that is made of plastic and drill two holes on the left and right sides where the plastic tray fits on the aluminum plate. Use two sided tape plus the battery straps to secure the battery. Trim the plastic spacers ( all three) so that the plate barely touches the servo when the shocks are all the way bottomed out. You may have to cut down the three retaining screws so they don't poke out the bottom. It makes it climb way better.
right on thanks!! yes this jeep is so sweet that today i ordered tango down beadlocks and ussr military rubber along with a roof rack and the rear swing out tire rack and some rpm light buckets from RC4WD and then i decided i need more then just the 12 led lights that are on there way so i ordered a ridged industries vanquish led 6 inch light bar with poison spider mounts for the jk and to top it all off a bearing set from fast eddies! now time for a paint job and interior detail!!

Back