• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Need recommendations for a kit

No2Mud

Rock Stacker
I don't want another RTR, I want to build a truck. But, this is completely new territory for me. Here's what I think my "requirements" are...
- 1/10th scale
- As realistic as possible; this could mean options for bodies, body mounts (no thru-hood pins, etc.), wheel options, etc.
- Performance... not really critical. I know. Strange. But I not going to compete, do events... I'm sure what ever platform I end up with, will have more than enough performance.

So basically, I want to build a model (Toyota Land Cruiser or Pickup) that happens to be an RC crawler ;-)

Traxxas? Axial? Other?

Oh, if this topic/question has been beaten to death, A. Please direct me to a thread and B. Sorry!

Thanks!

I just built the element builders kit II, its pretty nice very nice. Its been about 25 years since i built a kit and im just getting back into RC cars and crawling.

Vanquish Phoenix. Seems like it meets all your requirements.

Or if you have the budget, get a vs410 pro.

Or maybe you’re looking for more along the lines of a tamiya kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
- Performance... not really critical. I know. Strange. But I not going to compete, do events... !

Based on you not needing a top performer, very scale appearance, liking Toyotas and wanted a quality kit, you may want to take a look at the Boomracing BRX01.

Seems like it checks a lot of your boxes. While I don't have one (yet....;-) ) I hear the quality is amazing.

https://www.boomracingrc.com/brx01

A very scale model that happens to be an rc you say? Sounds like a cross rc kit is about perfect. Very scale bodies and accessories that can be driven.

Last edited:
Back