• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My Toyota Sawback

waxen

Hi, or should I say G'day? considering where I am.
Anyway...I think this is my second post, I've been lurking for a while and thought it would be good to contribute something...RC cars have been an ongoing love hate relationship with me for more years than I care to recall. Crawlers however are reasonably new to me, scale ish types in particular.
This is my first and favorite car......
IMG_0649.JPG
I have done a few mods along the way, such as making the suspension a little more compliant and giving it the ability to turn. I will let the pics do the talking
IMG_0752.jpg
IMG_0753.jpg
IMG_0756.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg
IMG_0758.jpg
IMG_0638.JPG
The previous pic was the first incarnation of a CMS setup, great steering but uneven throw. The CMS plate is a slightly modified plate to suit a TRX-4
I also modified the front axle assembly by giving it adjustable caster and building in KPI, turns very well now although it still needs tweaking.

What knuckles/c-hubs did you use to get KPI? Almost looks like RC4WD plastic D44 parts? Were you able to use GS01 axleshafts afterwards, or something else?

You're on the money, RC4WD alloy C hubs and axles from a plastic D44. To get the axle ends to fit I cut them to length and built up the ends by brazing. They were turned them down to size and milled to the required shape.
IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

Last edited:
That's cool, I like the way that worked out. I've been trying to come up with a reasonable fix for the front axle geometry for awhile myself and keep coming back to D44 parts, or possibly HPI Venture parts to utilize the rear mounted tierod (like my 1:1 has) but I can't tell from pics if they actually run any king pin inclination? The big difference is that I'll think about doing it for a few years, while you actually did it! Good job!

Back