• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My Sawback

3u8yny2y.jpg

Sliders home made.

yqa6a7a2.jpg

Home made front bumper. Stock one kept getting hung up on rocks.

Last edited:
da2yhydy.jpg

Lil up date... got my new 1.9 rc4wd compass tires mounted. They are mounted to axial 1.9 8 hole beadlock wheels. ISO new driver ATM

~Toaster Box XL~

e7yzy8un.jpg

Made some changes to the front end. Cut the front end of Sawback body to allow my new 1.9 compass tires to flex while turning and not get into the body. Turned out pretty well. Also installed my warn winch onto my home made stubby bumper. Enjoy..

~Toaster Box XL~

qe2ypaze.jpg

Lights working. I need to find brighter headlights thou.

~Toaster Box~

Nice build so far! If you want really bright lights order some of these from ebay - they are really bright! Just use this resistor calculator to figure out which resistors to wire into circuit and you're golden for less than $10. Your will be amazed at how bright these are, and they fit axial light buckets perfectly "thumbsup"

e7yzy8un.jpg

Made some changes to the front end. Cut the front end of Sawback body to allow my new 1.9 compass tires to flex while turning and not get into the body. Turned out pretty well. Also installed my warn winch onto my home made stubby bumper. Enjoy..

~Toaster Box XL~

Like your changes ToasterBox, that winch is huge as compared to the others isn't it?:mrgreen:

9y3asyny.jpg

Just some cage work...

ta7adyqy.jpg

Decided to make a spare tire rack along with a rear bumper. I've got another 1.9 compass tire on order.

e8equ5y2.jpg

~Toaster Box XL~

uzyna4eh.jpg

Rear bumper I made the other day. Its now got a tire rack on it.

All my work is WELDED not brazed. I use a 110v stick welder.

~Toaster Box XL~

Thanks. I've got more stuff in the works. Rear bumper/sliders will become one. Front bumper will get tied into sliders also.. more work to come.

~Toaster Box XL~

puva6ujy.jpg

Sawback broke a axle shaft last nite at a local scale comp. Trying to find a heavy duty replacement shaft. Any ideas??

~Toaster Box XL~

Mine showed a lot of wear for the short time I've had the truck before I changed them out. Poor metal and heat treating practices. As far as something heavier that will fit, I have no idea but will be watching for those who might.:mrgreen:

Back