• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

My new Sakura D3 CS Sport

W1ck3d0n3

Quarry Creeper
Here's my Sakura D3 CS Sport that I got for father's day.

Chasses: D3 CS Sport
Motor: Rocket Racing 3100kv
ESC: Castle Sidewinder 3
Receiver: Spectrum SR201

esebe3uv.jpg

aru3ysan.jpg

gunazase.jpg

rytuvy2y.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Looks good. Got one myself. Tough to drive - eh?? Might wanna trim those smokestacks down some.

If you haven't already visited - try driftmission forum.

Looks good. Got one myself. Tough to drive - eh?? Might wanna trim those smokestacks down some.

If you haven't already visited - try driftmission forum.

Its not to hard to drive just the switch back drift are a bit challenging. But it somthin to mess around with in the house and when I'm out about, it makes people stop and ask if its gas or electric. Lol I just give the the confused dog look and answer them.

Last edited:
I heard these were awesome for the price. What do you think of it?

for the price they are a steal.. i just jumped back in it with my kit and started building it.. its easy to build but i just took a long time to even focus on mine..

i've been more motivated lately because i've said to myself if i complete this kit i perhaps will maybe build a scx10 kit sometime after I'm done with this.

So this car has changed. It's running brushed now and it rwd. It will be gittin a new body either a gen 2 or gen 3 rx7 as well as a scale motor, lights, and what ever else I can think of. I will keep y'all posted as I go.

Last edited:
Heres the new motor installed.

Also Just ordered new front and center belts and 2 RX7 body's from RCmart. They were a pair deal so i couldn't pass them up.

Last edited:
I've had a D3 for three years for some reason I kept track of my run times. Keep in mind it's not a alloy wagon just where necessary and a CF chassis but mostly stock running gear. The car is awesome to drive very controllable and hangs its tail end out there proudly in the corners. My running time total to date is 280 hours and the belts are original. Yeah at $125 probably the toughest and one of most fun RC car/trucks I own.

Note if your going to want to upgrade to any D3 alloy parts better not wait forever to order them the new D4 hits the market any day now. My guess is 3Racing will stop supporting its D3 alloy market and there's lots of counterfeit junk out there that fits sloppily so beware.

Must haves
One way front axle
1* rear axle uprights
The CF chassis package is worth it.

Not so much
The alloy steering isn't as tight as the stock plastic.

One thing I'll add mine runs best with a light 2.200 battery seems to drift easier and still runs for over an hour.

I like your GTR body it looks good.

Last edited:
Thank man its a stock HPI body. My d3 came with locked front and rear difs. As for alloy stuff I'm not much into them, I rather git carbon fiber stuff or just go and buy me a Team Magic E4D MF Pro chassis.

Last edited:
Got some more stuff done on the D3. Stickers, Spoiler. Next light kit witch I'm gittin tomorrow, and rims that I'm waitin on.

Back