• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My HPI Venture is on it's way...

Sure seems that way. They announced this thing like what going on 2 years ago?

Even if they do manage to get it out eventually, I'd be concerned about their ability to deliver a supply of spare parts.
The only thing HPI has proven in the last few years is that you can't rely on them.

There was a statement released a short while ago this year stating that they realized the error of their ways in recent years and that they were going to change that. I'm still waiting for that change. They are still operating the same way have been. There are no spare parts available for existing cars and the new cars, like the Venture, have just been pushed back each and every month. At this point it's so sad that it's laughable. It is absolutely no way to run a business.

HPI stated a while ago that part of the delay was that they refused to release a truck until they are satisfied with the amount of spare parts available. So if that is true there should be plenty of spare parts when the time comes to actually receive it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well if it hold up like a axial, then you wont need those spares but it should last until you can get upgrades instead of spares.

My friends Honcho with next to no mods on it hold up as good as my decked out version, and he pretty much driven the same lines i have, but mine may have 10 hours or so more driving time, but that's also it.

I can fully respect the spares argument, there should be some for sure.

I hope it will hold up well cuz i cant really afford to upgrade much on this new truck, i have the new steering servo but that's thanks to my hitec stock.
And a 35T motor i can handle too.

Well if it hold up like a axial, then you wont need those spares but it should last until you can get upgrades instead of spares.

My friends Honcho with next to no mods on it hold up as good as my decked out version, and he pretty much driven the same lines i have, but mine may have 10 hours or so more driving time, but that's also it.

I can fully respect the spares argument, there should be some for sure.

I hope it will hold up well cuz i cant really afford to upgrade much on this new truck, i have the new steering servo but that's thanks to my hitec stock.
And a 35T motor i can handle too.
:lmao:

Put some power in that Honcho and you'll soon realize Axial doesn't make the strongest rigs and you'll be begging for replacement parts or upgrades.

well i drive with 35T motors and 3S my friend the same but just 2S

I have even FOFFED mine and that worked fine, but as i said mine are also pretty much ALU and steel all over, i am pretty sure that brushless kit would kill a stock honcho pretty fast.

Also the terrain we have here in Denmark dont really let itself for getting into the really bad binds, that also say something why my friends Honcho endure like mine.
So really the worst parts here are the tumbling down a hill, in itself not really that bad, but if a car start flipping and do so the wrong way after 20 feet of tumbling it may gave gained enough speed to break something if it come down hard on the wrong part.

I wish we had more part braking terrain, but Denmark are pretty much just that the ice piled up after the last ice age, so no hard surfaces here just dirt, and not really anything really steep.
so when things break here it are often due to wear, take me a year or 2 to "file" down a MIP or Junfag axle to the point where pin holes are like 2 X larger than they should be.

O and we do not have a comp scene here so really no need to hit the gear HARD, we just do some leisure trail riding and try to find something we thing we might not be able to cross, or challenge the truck with creative gate placement now that we lately begun to use gates on out drives.

HPI stated a while ago that part of the delay was that they refused to release a truck until they are satisfied with the amount of spare parts available. So if that is true there should be plenty of spare parts when the time comes to actually receive it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes, but that statement alone is a dead give away that there will be part availability issues [emoji23] [emoji23]
They better make the Venture bulletproof so they WON'T have to worry about it.

But my experience in the past with owning an HPI (Savage .21) it won't be the case, but I could be wrong and maybe they've stepped up their game since my experience in 2004. I must've used 90% of my earnings on dumping money into that truck from working at a pizza joint when I was 16, it sure was fun though! My Sportmaxx 2.5 was the better rig all in all and it handled the beach sand much better than the Savage.

Okay i have reached my limit here, so on Monday i will change my order to a SCX10.2 kit and get on with it.

So HPI one less venture sold due to the poor way you handle things, and this could have been avoided with half a brain, but sadly that seem to be lacking at HPI.

Now to spend the weekend researching if the SCX 10.2 need any upgrades and / if so, whats the most bang for the buck.

Nope.
I am building on my SCX 10.2, cant deal with HPI and the way they handle things.
Not that i think Axial are much better, and that was actually the reason i wanted to try the HPI in the first place.

Carisma also have their scaled ready to ship soon, if they keep their own deadline for shipping they too will beat HPI to the line.

It's a little funny to me that the customer service I've been getting from RPP is IMMENSELY BETTER than what HPI has offered. RPP actually sends me email updates every time HPI pushes the delay further back. They even apologize for the delays which are completely not their fault. To their credit, HPI has always replied to my inquiries and they've never outright lied about anything; they just can't seem to get their poop together..

I'm seriously close to losing my patience and giving up, especially since I sold one of my other rigs last week so there's an empty parking spot in my garage right now..

The MST CFX-W is kinda calling to me. Portals, forward motor, 10.2 caliber steering angle, I'm intrigued...

But, the more people that cancel their orders, the closer I get to being one of the first to receive this unit; if anyone ever actually receives one...

That Caster Racing rig looks borderline toy grade..

Last edited:
It's a little funny to me that the customer service I've been getting from RPP is IMMENSELY BETTER than what HPI has offered. RPP actually sends me email updates every time HPI pushes the delay further back. They even apologize for the delays which are completely not their fault. To their credit, HPI has always replied to my inquiries and they've never outright lied about anything; they just can't seem to get their poop together..

I'm seriously close to losing my patience and giving up, especially since I sold one of my other rigs last week so there's an empty parking spot in my garage right now..

The MST CFX-W is kinda calling to me. Portals, forward motor, 10.2 caliber steering angle, I'm intrigued...

But, the more people that cancel their orders, the closer I get to being one of the first to receive this unit; if anyone ever actually receives one...

That Caster Racing rig looks borderline toy grade..

You can get the CFX-W kit for $230ish right now at Amain. I actually just picked up a second one.

Anyone have the HPI Venture in hand yet? I cancelled my preorder a while back after it got delayed AGAIN and got an SCX10.2 as well. I get the whole parts availability thing being a concern, but this truck has been getting teased for just under 2 whole YEARS now. What gives HPI? Axial designed and brought to market the SCX10.2 in that time and Traxxas did the same with the TRX4. I get that HPI was having difficulties a while back, but this has to be the biggest case study on how not to build interest and release a product ever. When will this truck actually be available? 2019?

Anyone have the HPI Venture in hand yet? I cancelled my preorder a while back after it got delayed AGAIN and got an SCX10.2 as well. I get the whole parts availability thing being a concern, but this truck has been getting teased for just under 2 whole YEARS now. What gives HPI? Axial designed and brought to market the SCX10.2 in that time and Traxxas did the same with the TRX4. I get that HPI was having difficulties a while back, but this has to be the biggest case study on how not to build interest and release a product ever. When will this truck actually be available? 2019?

Don't forget that this will further push HPI towards insolvency. They'll dump millions of dollars into this while turning everyone off with continuous delays. Meanwhile the market is being satisfied by every other manufacturer and there won't be enough meat left on the bones when it does finally release.

I have a feeling the parts thing is just another excuse.

Check HPI's web page. They have the Venture information page updated. They've got the manual & parts explosion up, too.
Tower moved the availability date to mid October, then to early October at the beginning of September. Tower also has a bunch of parts slated for mid September. So, I think the Venture is actually going to be released! It's also getting released in time for Xmas shopping, so that ought to give it a boost. Barring quality & design issues, it should do fine in our segment. Unless Axial has a TRX-4/ Venture/ GOM Rock Buggy killer ready for release.

I dunno, it is mid-Sept and nothing has been released. After all of these delays, there's no way I'll but one from the first batches. I'll just wait it out and see how the rig fairs, if it ever actually makes it to market.

Back