• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My Gen 8, Slightly modified

HuckFlynn

New to the forums and wanted to share my gen 8 v2, I guess you could call this a build thread or maybe a summation of the current build, I think I like tinkering with this thing more than driving it.

Original Body
20210622-172641.jpg

Creepin'
20210622-172714.jpg

20210622-172725.jpg

Inside goodies, lot of 3D printed parts including a Dig Unit(this is a class 2 build I hope, so will only be used outside of comps)
20210622-172755.jpg

Underside
20210622-172816.jpg

So far I have brass outer portals all the way around and brass inners up front as well as brass diff covers, aluminum for all the axle/suspensions bits, the front shock towers are custom printed to fit the creep body with a bumper mount and it moves the steering servo up to line up the drag bar with the panhard to eliminate the bumpsteer and lets me flip the horn facing inwards which also moves the panhard and drag link parallel with the fron axle, currently on 100mm RCLion shocks set up for 60/40 compression droop and Deepswoods cr c3 1.9's. For electronics I'm running the hw 1080, trailmaster 21T, 35kg servo, and the FlySky FS-GT5 transmitter/reciever combo, Next update will likely be some better shocks, they work well but I cant tune them very much. Then I plan on a full 3d interior, as well as a custom 3d bed to get rid of the uggly creep backend, love the willys truck but hate the rear of the creep body. Then some scale point things and hopefully will be seeing its first comp in august. So far love how well it crawls, with the CI dual stage foams in it sidehills very well especially when I lost the Scout body, I love the looks of it but its way to heavy and long, and just that change made the climbing improve dramatically.

Thingiverse file if anyone is interested in the front shock mounts
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4892478

Last edited:
forgot to mention I'm also running the redcat underdrive set in the rear, does anyone else have binding issues or locking up if they dont shim the input shaft, its very smooth if i shim it and it has no in/out play, but will lock solid if it moves in even a little bit

Currently it's between 7.5-8 With battery in, does fairly well with the cog, removing the scout body and adding the brass made cog much lower, between that and pen springs and CI foams it sidehills like a champ compared to stock, also just moved the battery lower and to the back today trying to get everything as low as possible, once I have it all set up right I plan on doing injection mold copies of the parts for strength and may put the stl's up if they work well

Last edited:
You couldnt tell from the first pics but the paint had cracked and flaked in a lot of places from flipping and crashing, so I tried my hand a making the truck look old and rusty, I sprayed an orange I had laying around with a dusting then backed it with balck then the olive green to fill any missed spots, also moved the battery lower and back for better cog

20210625-153539.jpg

20210625-153343.jpg

Back