• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My first scaler - Project United Nations

cf5378e4a9e6f559d4cac39a4faf6c18.jpg

Yep. I’m looking at possibly a PA job or W.TX job. Either way there’ll be some cool terrain involved and I can pack along a crawler with me. I’ve got a Pelican box I’m prepping for that already.

Star Lord. I found a combo pack with him and Ego 1/2 off on a Target end cap.
Thank you. I'll check it out.

Why PA? I'm in PA. We do have some nice terrain here in SEPA.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Why PA? I'm in PA. We do have some nice terrain here in SEPA.

I’ve been in the offshore oil patch nearly 18 years and it’s drying up as for work. I’m looking at trying my hand in the Marcellus Shale(PA) or maybe the Permian Basin. I’ve got some ex coworkers in both plays and I’m just weighing my odds.

I’m taking this on a road trip today. This and my scx10 Honcho and I’ll see what I can come across at the rest areas along the way.

I’m taking this on a road trip today. This and my scx10 Honcho and I’ll see what I can come across at the rest areas along the way.

1700 miles round trip and some awesome W.TX landscape. Too bad all the cool stuff was behind 6 stand barbed wire fences. Maybe next time I'll have more time to 'smell the roses'. I swung by my brother's house in Austin and on the way there through the 'hill country' were some nice rock outcroppings.

They’ve got the rocks.
1c4fcc6a5e6eba5e62795261fabae942.jpg

fa6658d7f2fcff13710dc0c2ffcb2871.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been in the offshore oil patch nearly 18 years and it’s drying up as for work. I’m looking at trying my hand in the Marcellus Shale(PA) or maybe the Permian Basin. I’ve got some ex coworkers in both plays and I’m just weighing my odds.

PA shale is on a decline, from the business stand point. New permit applications are down and companies are idling wells to compensate for the over abundance.

I wish you luck but you'll want to look into whats going on in PA.

PA shale is on a decline, from the business stand point. New permit applications are down and companies are idling wells to compensate for the over abundance.

I wish you luck but you'll want to look into whats going on in PA.

Looks like it’s a done deal. W.TX-E.NM will be my new stomping grounds.

Have ya gotten any trail time on your D90 yet. Just wondering how she runs

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Have ya gotten any trail time on your D90 yet. Just wondering how she runs

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

No I haven’t. One would think I’d have lots of time not having a job and all, but I’ve been very busy. But, I do have a job now and will be packing along a random crawler every now and then to tinker on.

I am considering P. U.N. finished for now. I’ve driven it around the house and it’s done fine. It is extremely top heavy compared to any of my other RCs which makes thing a lot more challenging. Approach and departure angles are limited as well due to the aluminum bumpers hanging on everything. Suspension flex is little to nonexistent, too.

Back