• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My First All Black Jeep Rubicon Kit Finished **Budget Build**

Is the spare tire cover marketed as a spare tire cover for RC tires or was it something else that just worked for the job? It adds a cool touch.

I found it on ebay. Looks to be custom made and I haven't seen any other like it. I bought it to give the spare tire look without having all the weight of a solid aluminum wheel so high up. I may even use a piece of foam in the shape of a wheel to reduce weight even more. The wheels I'm waiting on now weigh about 4 ounces each. By keeping all the weight as low as possible I'm hoping it will help with rollovers.

My wife wanted me to paint it red and black like the jeep on the box so that's what I plan to do with the one I ordered for her. I will post pics of it after Christmas.

Here is the link
Axial SCX10 Rock Crawler 1 9 Spare Wheel Tire Cover SCRC001 | eBay

I plan on adding something like this to it, ha

My girlfriend will be making a couple of spare tire covers very soon. I will post pics on my Jeep thread when I receive the covers. Probably in the new year. :)

Back