• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My crawlin course

Concrete is best, it'll kill soft tires though.....

5395202574_17fd6eb0c2_z.jpg

That is sick my friend. If I may ask how did you get it to stick so well? I have trouble getting it to stick on a incline and you have it UPSIDE DOWN!!!

It sets up pretty fast. Make it thick, nice warm air temperature and use lots of love.:mrgreen: Thin layers at a time, adding more is easy. Take your time and it'll be better. Just make sure you add a couple extra layers to the high impact areas.

Added around two more bags of crete today. Man this is getting old by myself, but I'm tired of trying to talk people into buying a crawler..I cannot understand why someone would not want to have a crawler and build a mountain?????? Anyways tommorow gunna go get some more crete and try to finish the base coat completely. After that is done I will incorporate the 600 pounds of rocks I picked up the other day in the mountain. It's getting the point of trying to decide which rocks I want where and getting ready to add details that will make or break the hill on having unique lines or just over inclined impossible crap. Heres a few pics from the progress today. Mind I am doing this literally one handfull at a time so the going is slow.
DSCI0094.jpg

DSCI0093.jpg

Any ideas? Lets hear them before it's to late.

looking good, i could use some ideas myself. i need to add a 10 or more bags to my "mountain" and finish it already. its a tough job doing it alone thats for sure. if you can try to build out a little and gradually go up so its all so steep. good luck!

oh and exaggerate your lines and structure a little, once you add the concrete you start to loose the effect youre going for if you lay it too thick.

Last edited:
Have enough done now to get some runs in on the mountain. I can say one thing, this course is brutal, you cannot let your guard down for one second or to the bottom you fall. I had a blast when I added a loose dirt/pebble area near the top where it is REALLY fun to drop the hammer and let the roosties fly. Sheared both of the drive pins inside the spur gear on my crawler other than that had a blast. Got my $hit fixed so I might snap some pics of the axion tommorow.

Making progress

Ok I got tired of steering around the paper on the course so I got got busy and finished her up. There is still an area left open that I will build a stage type structure in and use it to stack natural rocks on, but other than that It's ready to crawl once it dries. I will add detail rocks and stuff onto the cement once i get some runs onto it. Pics<
Still need to spray this with something haven't decided yet. Made a little barrier to keep losse rocks on and peoples feet off.
You can see how I am gradually adding rocks into the picture.
DSCI0104.jpg

Heres an overall view. It's hard to see how steep some of these parts are from the camera. It has a lot of dips and hills in the face of the mountain as well that are also hard to make out.
DSCI0111.jpg

Theres a little section right to the left of the great stuff mounds about 2 feet wide the is a 90* hill climb:mrgreen:. It's tough to make.
DSCI0107.jpg

A view to the top added some boulders to the crest to increase the difficulty. Looks way cooler in person.
DSCI0105.jpg

From the top.
DSCI0108.jpg

Always looks so much better when it dries.
I have a bunch of rocks that I picked up that are usually stacked in the open space. About 3 stacks like this and many more if I go pick them up.

Will incorporate all of these into a solid structure eventually. Got about $80 tied up in this so far if anyone is curious.

Looks good! Im thinking im going to have to come over there and check it out! I like the incorp of the real rocks.

looks pretty good, Imagine if you sell you house and the new owner finds this. WTF?!? :lmao:

Back