• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My Blue Yota Low--ri- -der

TekmoCrawl

Pebble Pounder
Here is my new body project for my micro. My Blue Toyota.+ a few upgrades
Low----ri---der turned crawler.
as you can see in a couple of the pics, this was a custom Toyota lowrider 1/24 scale model. it looks much better with a lift."thumbsup"
I also added the Gearheads 8 trax aluminum rims, not bead locks but they look sweet! Also a Danally DDT Predator motor- 80T, I like my wheel speed ;-)
A few more pics and video to follow...yota1.jpg

y2.jpg

y3.jpg

y4.jpg

y5.jpg

y6.jpg
Wanted to show a couple pics before I start hacking and scratching. Watch as she turns from lowrider to crawler to the A Beater Trail Truck
Thanks for all the inspiration everyone!

Last edited:
A couple more on the rocks. And my 18 mo daughter demanded a test drive!:ror:

Attachments

• y7.jpg
    y7.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 789
  • y8.jpg
    y8.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 811
  • yr9.jpg
    yr9.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 804
  • yr10.jpg
    yr10.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 804
  • yr11.jpg
    yr11.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 781
  • y12.JPG
    y12.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 811
  • y13.jpg
    y13.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 762
Thanks. Ha ha, yeah I just thought it was too cute watching her with the remote. It's fun to know that she understands the concept of radio control already.
:D. When my Rubicon kit gets here and built,well, that will be daddy's toy only:p such a fun family hobby.

Sent from the center of the universe

On the micro? Or my new kit? Things slowed down a bit. In the last week and I have acquired a Wraith, And a new scx10 kit. Highly distracted.
:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Heres A video! Raw footy no music
on my backyard rock course. In order to get better performance I tweaked a couple things that take away scale appearance.:cry: I removed the seats and dashboard and lost the bed cover which exposes that huge gap you are seeing. because it had a dump truck feature? that was part of the whole “Lowrider look”.(FYI if you decide on getting this model) I also dremel’d out some of the fender wells to get rid of that unwanted tire rub. Still looks pretty decent, But I hate the hole in the bed, so at this point I am leaning towards turning it into a truggy The main thing preventing me is making a styrene roll cage. It just seems a little intimidating and time consuming. In this video I am running the “Danally” DDT Predator motor 80T on 2s lipo. Let me know what you think.

Blue Yota on the rocks - YouTube

Last edited:
Back