• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My New Micro comp Build

Thanks and its a work in progress i think i will go constant for now and if i upgrade my electronics i will go independent... I made alittle progress on my rig losi aluminum skid plate 100T DDT motor 10T brass pinion anodized slipper nut that is all i can do for now until more parts arrive.. Then ill tear back into it tranny future mods. hr aluminum trans case, 56t spur gear, aluminum gear cover..

Last edited:
Got the truck all buttoned up lasts night and so far it is coming along good. Cut the body up and im gonna make a bed that covers the siderails and tthe gap between the frame rail and the trekker bed...

Last edited:
Looks good. I couldn't find a 56T spur anywhere, so I ended up going with a 55T HR one. Definitely a noticeable difference.
Since the Orlandoo shafts don't fit I opted to flip my stock ones 180 degrees to help the COG a bit. The aluminum is wrapped around the female end after all so it made sense. The aluminum is also more visible closer to the wheels, so it ups the bling factor a bit. Other than that the only thing Iv'e done recently is bought a extra set of rims (8trax) and tires (Rock Lox), and removed the foam and added solder for some weight. My other wheels which are pictured on here have the foam still inside so I use them for faster climbing. ANYWAY
Keep us posted. It looks like it's coming along nicely. Looks like you could use some Hot Racing Steering links with anodizing removed and polished. Also, didn't you get some aluminum servo horns? I'd like to see how those look with the anodizing removed, polished, and installed. Still debating if I should go that route as it might be one of those parts that simply looks better if it doesn't stand out.

The hi-tec hs-65mg uses 2.3mm x 6mm machine screws and it is a 25 spline servo horn. I read on another webpage that you have to be specific as to what servo the aluminum arm is made for because they say the 25 spline futaba servo arms will slip under load when you use it with a hitec hs-65mg servo. I havnt picked up the servo arms yet because i might do a diffrent servo that has an aluminum case. I need the HR aluminum steering link and i still want to do the orlandoo driveshafts because i want to explore shorter wheelbases and see if i can find a good setup then i can do the mini t cups and 2-56 threaded rod for the links fungi is making some really cool chassis in aluminum and he does the R7r Eclipse thats the 3rd revised design witch i really like so i probably gonna do that or the "pinch" i remember the pinch really was a crazy flexible design. Also i been checking out the stock rc4wd gelande 2 1/18th scale black steel beadlocks and the dirt grabbers 1.0. I really like the look of that setup but for now i just removed the fake beadlock rings on the stock tires on the backside of the tire and separated the glued tires from the rim so you dont see the mickey mouse glue job i do on tires sometimes haha.... I removed the foams in the front tires, put 13 bb's rolling around inside the tires and 10 bb's wedged like in the pic each front tire now weights 19 grams each i might change that later the rear tires just have 10 bb's wedged between the rim also like the picture and they weight 14.5 grams each 10 bb's weighed 3.5 grams on my scale. I also got aluminum 2mm locking nuts for thr rims in that ugly purple anodizing color better than plastic i guess...

Last edited:
Back