• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

my Ascender developed a new problem today

CTB

I was out driving it this morning and it started to randomly cut out, no throttle, no steering, nothing. If I picked it up or let it set for a few seconds it would go again. I did discover that one of my motor wires had the casing cut by the body. I put shrink wrap on it and covered it up, thought that maybe it was shorting out, however I took it for a test drive tonight and it sill cut out some, not a such as earlier. Anyone have any ideas? the more I thought about the motor wire the less I think that was the issue, as steering was affected.
vehicle specs:
Holmes Trailmaster ble-pro esc
Castle 1406 "slate" 1900kv motor
spectrum dk2e remote and receiver.

Sorry, no separate BEC, servo is a Savox 0231mg, pulls 6v. ran fine with this setup for a over a week now and never had this issue.

I agree with Mike, I think a BEC will fix your problem. Even Holmes will tell you to run a external BEC with his BLE Pro. "thumbsup"
Ernie

Old Castle-based ESC - there's your problem. They had notoriously weak internal BECs. I wonder if Holmes is ever going to upgrade his ESCs to be based on the Castle "X" series.

Back