• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

MST CFX-WS DC1 - Jurassic Park Tour Vehicle

SpareParts

Subscribed Member
I finally finished painting my MST CFX DC1 body and I'm excited to share it! I went with the same paint scheme as the Ford Explorers from Jurassic Park. I didn't take any pics of the build process because I didn't deviate from the kit instructions at all, but I have some pics of the painting process. I built the chassis last winter I think, then I procrastinated the paint job because it is one of the most complex ones I have done so far. Turned out great I think! Can't wait to get it on the trail and start breaking it in.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Thanks everybody! I'm really happy with how it looks, though most of the credit goes to this awesome body from MST. I always loved this generation of the Land Rover Discovery.

The CFX-WS chassis seems pretty capable too, even with the small tires and extra weight. I am going to try to add a sway bar to the rear because it basically just flops from one side to the other with all the weight up top. And I don't even have a driver yet! Does anyone have any experience adding a sway bar to these?

Also considering replacing the shocks with something nicer but there aren't a lot of <90mm shocks out there. These are 70mm and I think I'd like it even a little shorter. But I should get a few miles of drive time first before I throw more money at it.

Yeah that came out great. Oh... and my wife looking over my shoulder says she loves your back yard lol.

Haha thanks, the flowers are all my wife's doing and she'll be very happy for the compliment!

Back