• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Motor pinion gear alignment on phoenix

gein

Rock Stacker
Hi guys, im building my phoenix kit now and i have a slight misalignment of the pinion gear using the stock pinion on crawlmaster sport 13T motor.

I cant turn the pinion upside down since the motor shaft is not long enough.

I tought of buying some motor spacers, or just leave it as is since its about a 1mm misalignment.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

v2

I run mine that way, hasnt give any issues. I run 4s all the time. Still runnin the original pinion n spur over a yr later. I wouldnt worry about it

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

I run mine that way, hasnt give any issues. I run 4s all the time. Still runnin the original pinion n spur over a yr later. I wouldnt worry about it

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Yeah i think ill try it.

The contact area is still pretty good.

I have a couple VFD trans that have the same issue. Like @indybama said, it hasn't caused me any issues.

As long as the set screw in the pinion clears the spur gear when it rotates you should be OK."thumbsup"

Back