• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

MN 90 1/12 D90 Defender in "WPL Style"

donaldsneffe

Rock Crawler
Hi guys,
have not been here for some time and now tried to find any threads about this really cool new truck in "WPL Style".
Searched for MN90, MN-90, Defender... but could not find any results.

Is it possible, that there is still no thread for this car in the forum? It has been released in November 2018, I received my MN-90 Defender 1/12 on December 5th.

It is really a nice little car with a fantastic body, and all the "WPL problems".

Totally modified my MN-90 D90 since then, and it was a lot of fun. Spent probably less than 100 bucks all in all, including driver figures.

Highly recommended for people who like to tinker!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OUb5RG6VTXM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNotYx-EivU&t=555s

(How to insert a Youtube video into the posting?)

727508-mn90-1-jpg

727509-mn90-2-jpg

727510-mn90-3-jpg

727514-mn90-7-jpg

Walter

Yours will be the first thread on these, I have two kits still in boxes but still finishing up my two mini Yotas a C14 and C24 I do have a build thread on those, they are quite capable after you rework a few things and buy a few extras for them, I'm very happy with mine after fixing the issues but that to me is the fun part. I don't recommend these for a rookie though. Yours looks great you did a really nice job!

OK, thank you, Kincer!

Hard to believe there is no thread about this nice car so far.

Anyway, then I maybe should show how it looks "stock".
It is WPL style, with 180 motor, large tires (different diameter of tire/rim inside and outside), comes with two types of roofs, roof rack, ladder, ugly snorkel, windshield wipers, door handles - everything in "black" is nice and rubberish.

Mine did miss the screws :( and came with two front grills (but Banggood customer service handled this awesome as always).

Before modifications:

And after.
I lowered the body, did not use the battery box, made sliders from metal, use a Hobbyking X-Car 45 A (far better low end speed control than the 10 - 20 A ESCs I/we normally use for micro cars).

Still use stock servo, but did already order a metal gear servo.
Use metal drive shafts - highly recommended.
Super soft tires and WPL B1 rims.
Ordered metal gears.
Made custom links.

Some more pics, also in comparison to the "big" D90 Defender (1/10 or 1/9):

Breaking the windshield was my fault, not the fault of Banggood or packing.

Walter

Nice build! Is that servo actuating windshield wipers? I also like dashboard illumination. Probably will steal that idea...

Nice build! I'm still deciding on this one depending on how much I like the way my C14 & C24 builds come out. They're sort of on back-burner right now though.

What did you make your custom links from?

Hi I really like those d90 style, I am a newbie here I did get a mn99 and I had ordered the metal axel housings and the metal shafts for it maybe a different paint job and down the road..

I like them, too.
They are very nice.
You will love it!

Actually you can get the MN90 Kit (with 2 different roofs) 20% off using this code: BGMN90KIT

A kit is much easier to paint and I especially love making and paining the body. Disassembling bodies from RTR kits is sometimes rther difficult (without damage).

Walter

Back