• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mini-z 4x4 4Runner

Look like a couple of skid plates for the axles, brass wheel weights and brass steering knuckles.

Yes and from rcmart as seen on the stickers. Everything fits ok. I got the skid plates to avoid scratches form pebbles/rocks. Just need to find a way to protect the mid chassis area and I’m bashing this thing around outside. Hasn’t touched concrete yet ahah

It took only 2 months to get them in.

I got some parts from RC mart myself. The only issue I seem to have is with the steel toe rods. They are all the same length and the stock ones are smaller at the back.
This causes pressure on the rear suspension and makes it very stiff.
Has any one else had this issue

I really like these bodys.
You can snag a blank white body on ebay for $30. They're Revell scale... 110mm wheelbase iirc. The rear window has the defroster stripes, and the light assemblies are colored translucent. It's rather impressive.

Now you can get the Red/Gray finished body for $60 too. The SCX24 frame rails look like they might allow rear shock placement to fit the wheelbase, I'm hoping to find out in the next month.

I’m hanging on to them to see how they look with smaller tires. I have the rock crushers ok backorder which are the smallest 1.0 tire I’ve found.
Rock Crusher and Rok Lox are both 48mm OD.
Would you happen to have the OD on those kyosho and the scx24? I'm hoping to mod an scx24 chassis to go under one of these kyosho bodies.

I don’t remember but this info should be on Kyosho’s site.

42mm for those kyosho. Kyosho is actually pretty great with its information availability. It's really the scx24 tires that are being elusive. "They're tires compatible with that vehicle" is what most my searching is turning up.

Last edited:
Trying to make a more protective bumper. I noticed a small scratch in the front fender.

You would hate to see mine! I'm ok with it gaining some "character" "thumbsup"

Great thread so far. I think the weak link on the Kyosho out of the box is the shocks, way too bouncy, I'm excited to see Kyosho themselves recognize this and will be releasing an oil filled upgrade.

I'll be first to jump on that bandwagon once available.

I found some thick grease gets rid of a lot of bounce. Though, they’ll leak and I clean and re-grease every a couple months. Would probably be more often if or when I run it outdoors.

I was excited abOut Kyoshos oil shocks until I read they’re about $60. I’d rather go the $30 route and use the adapters on eBay to run scx oiled shocks.

Let’s see yours!

Back