• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mini-z 4x4 4Runner

Yah...I’m trying to see if a smaller set of tires would look ok with these 1.0” wheels.

Back to stock wheels for now. Added acorn lug nuts to add scale it better.

Also picked up this little background so nobody has to see my messy shelter.

Last edited:
Great work on the modding.
Ive had mine 2 days but it my slipper clutch seems to be slipping. It's now won't get up a 1inch step. Can I adjust this myself or is it a new clutch
Thanks mike

Great work on the modding.

Ive had mine 2 days but it my slipper clutch seems to be slipping. It's now won't get up a 1inch step. Can I adjust this myself or is it a new clutch

Thanks mike
The slipper clutch shaft isn't set in the bearing. Remove cover and pull with your fingers the spur gear towards the motor. You should feel it pop in place

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I got mine about a month ago and I love it. I also took my spare tire carrier off as I didn't like how it drove with it.
I've been watching a guy on youtube who has successfully modified the stock shocks to take oil and work like any other oil filled shocks should.
https://youtu.be/Jx4NsKz0YfE <-- Link to his video on it. I haven't tried it yet as I still haven't found o-rings on the website he suggested.

I do have one question, the guy with the red one and all the awesome scale accessories, did you shave the tire mold stuff off or did your tires just come cleaner? because mine have them and I know it's affecting performance. I was just curious, it looks killer and I love the red shackles too. I want to try the hub adapter thing instead of how these mount with a screw. I like the idea's. I love these little things! lol

I got mine about a month ago and I love it. I also took my spare tire carrier off as I didn't like how it drove with it.
I've been watching a guy on youtube who has successfully modified the stock shocks to take oil and work like any other oil filled shocks should.
https://youtu.be/Jx4NsKz0YfE <-- Link to his video on it. I haven't tried it yet as I still haven't found o-rings on the website he suggested.

I do have one question, the guy with the red one and all the awesome scale accessories, did you shave the tire mold stuff off or did your tires just come cleaner? because mine have them and I know it's affecting performance. I was just curious, it looks killer and I love the red shackles too. I want to try the hub adapter thing instead of how these mount with a screw. I like the idea's. I love these little things! lol

Yeah mine have them too.
Regarding the shocks I'm hoping he get some mod options rather than mod the existing.

Has anyone had any luck shaving off the excess tire molding? I have tried straight edge razors, xacto knives, regular knives, a super sharp axe, and I've also tried sand paper... I just can't get anything to cut these excess tire mold crap off. and if I squeeze the tire too much then it'll puncture a hole in the sidewall (I already have a pin size hole in one of my tires trying to get this tire mold stuff off...)

For $230 you would kind of expect the tires to look flawless. I mean my $80 HobbyPlus CR24 has nicer tires with literally no excess tire molding left over.. lol I mean I love my MiniZ but that's kind of a pain.

On a different note, I ordered a set of 7mm Hub adapters so I can mount other 1/24 scale wheels with 7mm hex hub. I also ordered a set of EXC Barrage 1/24 tires pre mounted on wheels.

The wife also bought me a new radio, portal axles, and 1.55 wheels/tires for my 1/10 build :D

Well good day guys. Glad to see one forum keeping up and at least people checking. RCmart.com has a couple of upgrades for these. Basically a skid plate for front/rear axles and brass knuckles and rear bearing brace. They also have other parts in stock so I might snag a set of the Jimny wheels :):ror:

Last edited:
Scx24 c10 wheels and tires are too big for my taste. Anyone looking for a set?

If you’ve still got em, I’ll take em. :)

They definitely don’t look right on the 4Runner - I had a set of the scx24 Nittos on my sons, but even he didn’t like the huge tires. Been looking for these C10s for a while. Tho it’s been a month, so you probably moved them already.

I’m hanging on to them to see how they look with smaller tires. I have the rock crushers ok backorder which are the smallest 1.0 tire I’ve found.

Installed a 7T pinion. Top speed is now 3kmph. 10T was 4kmph haha

More controllable low speed. Never needed the high speed. Still has enough speed to get some momentum to hop over rough obstacles. Spacer from sleekun on eBay.

Testing the slower crawl speed with lower gearing. It was only able to climb 45 degrees before flipping back. Will test what it can climb with lighter batteries in front that should lower the CG.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck shaving off the excess tire molding? I have tried straight edge razors, xacto knives, regular knives, a super sharp axe, and I've also tried sand paper... I just can't get anything to cut these excess tire mold crap off. and if I squeeze the tire too much then it'll puncture a hole in the sidewall (I already have a pin size hole in one of my tires trying to get this tire mold stuff off...)

For $230 you would kind of expect the tires to look flawless. I mean my $80 HobbyPlus CR24 has nicer tires with literally no excess tire molding left over.. lol I mean I love my MiniZ but that's kind of a pain.

On a different note, I ordered a set of 7mm Hub adapters so I can mount other 1/24 scale wheels with 7mm hex hub. I also ordered a set of EXC Barrage 1/24 tires pre mounted on wheels.

The wife also bought me a new radio, portal axles, and 1.55 wheels/tires for my 1/10 build :D

Well good day guys. Glad to see one forum keeping up and at least people checking. RCmart.com has a couple of upgrades for these. Basically a skid plate for front/rear axles and brass knuckles and rear bearing brace. They also have other parts in stock so I might snag a set of the Jimny wheels :):ror:

Sandpaper works the best, and how you sand them makes a difference. I sanded diagonally in 2 directions with 120 grit, and it didn't take much to make the tires look more realistic. You can see the difference in the pictures I posted.

Anyone know off any painted body shells in stock. I've bashed my about and lost a wing mirror haha. I'm going to need one for bashing and one for dancing !

Ya'll got me thinking about ditching my 1:10 plans and picking up a couple of 1:24. I saw this 4Runner, absolutely love the little details on it, but not loving the tires. I'm sure they're more functional, I just lean toward less aggressive. While I do feel that 1:24 is too small to scale on natural terrain; I also have a Revell Nissan 720 1:25 model kit that's been hiding in a box for 10+ years. Getting both my darlings on RC chassis would be quite the mini garage.

KzUY0se.jpg

The wheelbase fits 110-120mm, Damn it all to hell.

Last edited:
Back