• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mat's Ascender / Wraith mashup!

mat

Pebble Pounder
Being a lucky boy and having the Ascender kit for xmas, but not being a big fan of the huge Blazer body and wanting to do something a little different, I cannibalised an ongoing project to try and mate a wraith frame/body to the Ascender chassis. My one rule was to not mod the Ascender in any way that I couldn't go back to stock if I wanted to.

A quick mock up......

Pleased on how it was looking, now figure out how to mount the sucka!

Not wanting to do too much fabing up of parts, I tried my best to use most of what was either on the Wraith frame or in the Ascender kit.

Rear mount sorted...the body posted are from a Losi crawler....

The front took a lot more thinking about but a simple solution was eventually found. Parts from the Wraith frame and Ascender body posts.....

My next challenge is the fitting the wraith interior. Looks like some hacking to be done! :shock:

Had a great hack session last night hacking the interior to bits :shock:

Next to try and mount some sort of bumper

Man, this is super cool. I have an SCX-10 w/ a chopped up Exo Terra cage on top of it to make a KOH style buggy, and I've toyed with doing something like this on an Ascender too. I'm excited to see how this build works out for you...

Thanks for the kind comments guys "thumbsup"

OSRC- I just gave the wheels a few coats of Matt Acrylic lacquer on top of the chrome ;-)

Managed to use the Wraith bumper, tucks in nice around the servo mount. Mocked up a mount to see how it would look. I will make a nice mount out of ali soon.

I can fit a winch in too

Back