• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Master Yota.....now with 100% Dove tail goodness

magicmarker77

Well thought maybe it was time to do a build on here! This is one I have been working on over the past months on Crawl Canada and Scale4x4
It has been damn near finished then ripped down and re started. Here is where I am at now, I will keep this thread updated as I progress.
It's rollin on Axial drive trane, using a killer T case and RC4WD Disrupter, 4 linked front and leafs on the back "Chino'd" (I am a long time lurker"thumbsup")
Full interior Scratch details on the dash, shifters floor etc. I'll get more up L8R

Well, anyone who knows me on this board knows I have scaler A,D,D.................so it happened again! I got the Yota 90% finished and really started to dislike the cut doors and the way the box was sitting on the frame. I was really looking at it trying to figure out what I was going to do..........then it hit me..........sell it! And start again, so here we go part II.
The plan NO Cut doors, but a pinched nose is in order as well as a bobbed box with a bed kit.
The 1st cut is the deepest! It actually went really easy
002-24.jpg

004-16.jpg

006-15.jpg

007-7.jpg

Looking good......and no cut doors!
009-6.jpg

010-5.jpg

Rolling on Axial drive line now and leafs out back.....lots more to come!

More work done Bobbed an old wreck of a bed I had, added a rogue bed kit and "Dove tailed" it...........I just couldn't help myself.
Also cut down the front grill, jury's still out on that one
001-25.jpg

002-26.jpg

005-21.jpg

006-17.jpg

004-18.jpg

Still lots to do, hole filling next up

Lookin good dude!! Good job on the body work! I thought about doin thissame
thing to my truck. I'm like you, almost get done! Then change lol but I'm gonna stick with what I got now. You considered getting the new 1.55 iroks? Might look sick on this, a little bit more agressive lookin and I'm sure it'll be way better performing then the rock stomper. Also like the leafed rear linked front, most people go the other way. I'm diggin this thing. Way to be different keep up the good work man

Lookin good dude!! Good job on the body work! I thought about doin thissame
thing to my truck. I'm like you, almost get done! Then change lol but I'm gonna stick with what I got now. You considered getting the new 1.55 iroks? Might look sick on this, a little bit more agressive lookin and I'm sure it'll be way better performing then the rock stomper. Also like the leafed rear linked front, most people go the other way. I'm diggin this thing. Way to be different keep up the good work man

You should it's not to tough, just a bit of measuring and a sharp saw.
It's a bad way to be, I don't think I have kept anything more than 6 months. Just get it done or almost then I'm board with it, building is 3/4's of the fun.
I don't know about tires I may step it up to 1.9's I'm not a big fan of the 1.55's but we will see once I get it going still have lots to do.

Cheers

You should it's not to tough, just a bit of measuring and a sharp saw.
It's a bad way to be, I don't think I have kept anything more than 6 months. Just get it done or almost then I'm board with it, building is 3/4's of the fun.
I don't know about tires I may step it up to 1.9's I'm not a big fan of the 1.55's but we will see once I get it going still have lots to do.

Cheers

Yeah same here I'll sell my stuff but this goaround I'm gonna keep it and play with it....... I hope. Lol
you don't like the look of the 1.55 sized wheels? Or the 1.55 iroks?

Back