• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mamba x mounting question

Steelone232

I’m trying to install a new mamba x esc on my 1/10 yeti. What is everybody using to mount the esc. I bought the rpm esc cage and it doesn’t fit. Wondering if there’s another cage I don’t know about. I could just use double sided tape and a zip tie.

4d996d39b4f208fcab595ec88cb86192.jpg

I used servo tape on my MMX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup.i used velcro to absorbe some of the shock the MM2 im using in my 2wd slash that only sees road use ,I have the suspension almost bottomed out to keep the chassis low .I think it helps the electronics somewhat safer .im not sure this helps , but anyhow thats how i have mine .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just double tape, best is an outdoor tape like tesa powerbond outdoor https://www.tesa.com/en/consumer/tesa-powerbond-outdoor.html (don't know if you get it in the states but sure similar are available) and a zip tie to secure just in case. But normally not necessary, if i dismount my esc i have to be very gently to not destroy the esc case, just take care to remove the sticker on the bottom of the esc. the rpm cage is nice too but needs a little modification.

I use RC Helicopter double sided GYRO gel tape, it comes in several thicknesses and it does an amazing job of vibration dampening, I also use it on any RX with AVC or TSM (they have gyro's in them). I hope this helps, Ed

Back