• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Major twichiness after installing CC BEC

pixelnate

Quarry Creeper
I installed the BEC just as the included diagram showed: Pull the red wire from the ESC, solder BEC leads to ESC leads at the battery terminals, plug the BEC into the receiver. Everything just as the diagram showed.

When I put everything back together and connected the battery things went a little wonky. The ESC's light started constantly cycling from green to red, there was no throttle response whatsoever and turning the steering wheel back and forth got me v e r y delayed steering response.

Not sure what is happening. Anybody have this happen to them? :???:

ESC: Axial AE-1
Radio: Axial 2.4Ghz
servo: Axial (from TR)

Last edited:
Sounds like your receiver isnt getting enough power. Did you set the voltage on the BEC? They come at 5.1v unless you had someone program it for you or you did it that may be part of the problem.

As with all electrical issues, first step is checking all of your connections to make sure there isnt a bad one causing you problems. If there is a light on your receiver see if that is flickering or anything weird.

Yeah, I checked the connections, but it is a bone stock BEC. Looks like I'll be going to the lhs for a Castle Link. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. I guess that'll come in handy when I pull the trigger on that Sidewinder.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

OK. I have the Castle Link now and I set it to 6V. The steering response is now better than it was before I installed the BEC. The problem now, is that when plug in the Axial lighting board that came with the Dingo, things go back to the way they were, with the delayed twitchy steering.

The question is now, what do I need to set the voltage for on the BEC so that the lights will work? How can I find out how much power the lights need? And How much power can I set the BEC to draw without worrying about blowing it?

What I would do is run the BEC directly to the servo, then let the esc provide power for the receiver and lights. The lights really shouldnt pull much power so the internal BEC in the ESC should be fine for that.

I run my BEC's directly to all my servos and I think it is a much better way than the castle instructions show.

Sounds to me like you have a bad BEC. Try pulling the BEC out. Putting the red wire from your ESC back in and run it for a minute and see if everything goes back to working normal.

I had a bad Novak BEC and everything would work good untill mid throttle. The motor would stumble over and over untill I gave it full throttle then it would work again. Took me a while to figure it was the BEC. But after I replaced it everything works perfect.

What I would do is run the BEC directly to the servo, then let the esc provide power for the receiver and lights. The lights really shouldnt pull much power so the internal BEC in the ESC should be fine for that.

I run my BEC's directly to all my servos and I think it is a much better way than the castle instructions show.
+1.

You could also try disconnecting the BEC from the RX and see if it goes back to "normal" to rule out a bad BEC.

Back