• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

MAC FAB Bomber build, TAKE 2

Made new tie rods and push/pull link for the steering on the indy rig, no slop in the steering now, but needs a way steering bigger servo. Cheap suggestions, anyone? Took a little run with the rigs today, does anybody else out there have a 2.0 that does every bit of 15 mph on 3s? Too much fun! Stock steering horn sucks, had to put a longer screw and nyloc nut on the back to remedy that for now. Hitting the rocks next time out.

20220529_174541 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

20220529_170436 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

I can’t believe that it’s been 6 mos. since I have driven one of those things! Instead of these toys, I’ve been running the new rig if you will. Crawls like a goat, bashes with the best of them and goes 26 mph at about 3/4 throttle, should hit about 35 mph if the throttle trim would get with the program. And so these Bombers sit, almost like the unwanted misfit toys from the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer claymation movie. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Got the new rig to 28.6 mph, almost stepping on a Pacific rattlesnake in the process of getting to the track. New rig is a dog, Malinois, never a dull moment, he just wants to eat my Bomber so I have a conflict of interest going on. :oops:

That photo with the truck buried up to its axles is satisfying.

One of my favorite scale offroad scenarios is to bury the truck up to the beadlock rings in sand or silt. Then let the tires slowly pull it out of that situation. I just love watching it.

No paint, I like the raw look, also proof they aren’t lexan, body guys get this. V2 Bomber goes pretty well, the Indy rig is too heavy, I couldn’t stop then go. Slipper clutch on the Indy rig was giving me some trouble, having a mind of its own on when it wanted to slip. Long story short, if the solid axle rigs could stay rubber side down like my Indy rig does, they would not have discontinued them. I don’t know why, but I really like these things, continually looking to acquire more for the garage. "thumbsup"

Back