• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

LVC triggers hazard lights (From HeyOk Performance)

HumboldtEF

Tiny truck hoarder
Lifetime Gold Baby!
This was TheScaleSnail's idea so I cant take credit. He hit me up asking how to acomplish having the ESCs low voltage cutoff triger the hazard lights which is a clever idea.

Initially I wasnt sure how to do it but my brother in law J-rc had a great idea to use a off the shelf Lipo Alarm like this: Gear Head RC LiPo Alarm 2S - 4S
Tap into the piezo speaker as it already has a flasher circuit and power the lights off of it. The problem with most lipo alarms is that most kick in at 3.3v which is lower than we wanted to go and they aren't adjustable.

Then I thought of HeyOk Performance, Al can make just about anything for RC so we hit him up and in no time at all he had a prototype ready. Thanks again Al you rock! He sent over a short video of the prototype:

We also asked if he could incorporate a potentiometer (or pot) so we can dial in what volatge triggers the lights. I'd like mine to come on somewhere around 3.55v-3.65v so the rig still has a tiny bit of run time left.

It will require LEDs that run on 3v and whatever lights you use probably wont function at other times (like for running lights) at least thats what I assume. Although I bet Al or someone could solve that too (diodes maybe?).

I dont know if this will be listed up for sale at HeyOk Performance but I bet if you reached out Al would be happy to make more.

sE6CRQO.jpg

Al is a madman! Lol I couldnā€™t believe that I emailed him at 9pm (PST) and he had already made a prototype,and filmed it by 6am the next day lol.
Some of us electronics tinkering types, may have prototypes laying on our benches for weeks, and the second someone shows interest, we'll debut the "work in progress".

I still have 3 different AM32 ESC/ High output BEC combo builds on my bench I'm 90% finished with and no one to purchase them yet (which is usually my buddy who seems to be building a different rig every week or two). We've both been unusually busy with other projects.

I added this to my web store!

Back