• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

HeyOK's RC Electronics items (all in one place)

Got a question.
I currently run an airtronics mt-4

in my 2 aux slots on the RX I have my bec, and a Y splitter going to an rc4wd bulldog winch and a heyok light controller. however, the winch is dead and I would like to run a servo winch.
I have the 3rd ch aux switch operating off my 3 pos toggle on the radio. I can flip the lights on and off and my current winch worked fine until the stock controller gave out.
is there a way I can run your light controller and a winch controller off the y adapter as I currently have it or will I have to fint a way to use the winch on the 4th channel and power the bec another way? I am lost

or is there a lighting and winch controller in one?

Hi,

These are good questions. Let's sort this out in PMs.
I will send you a message and see what we can work out.

Thanks,
Al

I have the KOH and brake light controller. I was wondering if I could still plug the esc wire into the controller if I have the power wire out because of the castle bec. If not then how can I wire it so I can still use my BEC?? Thanks!

I have the KOH and brake light controller. I was wondering if I could still plug the esc wire into the controller if I have the power wire out because of the castle bec. If not then how can I wire it so I can still use my BEC?? Thanks!
Maybe this should be in the KOH controller thread ;-)

You can just plug in the KOH controller as normal and it should work. Keep in mind that it wants a maximum of six volts.

If you are wondering how it can work even though you can use it when the red wire from the ESC's receiver plug is removed, here's how:
The receiver is getting power from (I assume) your external BEC. All of the receiver's channel connectors and it's battery connector (if it has one) have negative and positive power connections on them and they are all connected together. The KOH controller will pick up its power from there.

I'm wiring in my LED light switch, I have the switch that has dimming.

The two pin plug that feed the (or will feed) the light bar; how can I tell which pin is negative and which pin is positive.

Both pons come out of the little black ball and there no polarity identification on either pin.

Thank you for the help.

I'm wiring in my LED light switch, I have the switch that has dimming.

The two pin plug that feed the (or will feed) the light bar; how can I tell which pin is negative and which pin is positive.

Both pons come out of the little black ball and there no polarity identification on either pin.

Thank you for the help.

This should really be in this thread:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vend...ote-switch-leds-dim-function.html#post4286858

I'll help you here all the same.

There should be a white marker on the RCSWD. This indicates the positive pin.

Remote-Switch-with-dim-function_zps8816d7ad.jpg

It's actually kind of hard to see the one in this picture. Yours might have fallen off as it is only pushed over the pin.
Generally the positive pin is the one closest to the heat shrink (away from the center of the part). You could check with a volt meter to confirm, but you can just plug in your LED lights too. The LEDs will light with one polarity but not with the other. Reversing the polarity on an LED won't hurt it.

Hope that helps. Please send me a PM if I can be of further help.

Al

This should really be in this thread:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vend...ote-switch-leds-dim-function.html#post4286858

I'll help you here all the same.

There should be a white marker on the RCSWD. This indicates the positive pin.

Remote-Switch-with-dim-function_zps8816d7ad.jpg

It's actually kind of hard to see the one in this picture. Yours might have fallen off as it is only pushed over the pin.
Generally the positive pin is the one closest to the heat shrink (away from the center of the part). You could check with a volt meter to confirm, but you can just plug in your LED lights too. The LEDs will light with one polarity but not with the other. Reversing the polarity on an LED won't hurt it.

Hope that helps. Please send me a PM if I can be of further help.

Al

AL, thank you for your help today by email. Just got home. I'll have the light bar finished up in the next few minutes.

Heyok.

I have a 3PW and it's drifting, is there something I can do with it?

I've had them for about 2 years and they don't have much use. At this time only one is doing it.

Thanks Mike.

Heyok.

I have a 3PW and it's drifting, is there something I can do with it?

I've had them for about 2 years and they don't have much use. At this time only one is doing it.

Thanks Mike.

Hi Mike,

Send me a PM and we can try and figure out what is going on.

Just received 2 controllers, REALLY pleased with them! Great attitude and service with very quick delivery to sunny (!) Wales. Cheers Al.

I run 4s and my rx is set at 7.4. Which 3 position do I need to run a warn winch?
First, I suggest leaving your receiver powered by six volts and that you consider doing this to feed power to your servo:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elec...ther-one-bec-hv-servo-wiring.html#post5163234

Or use a No Brainer BEC:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/290652-no-brainer-bec.html

Then you can use one of these to operate your winch at six volts:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vend...ler-using-3-position-transmitter-channel.html

Or, if you really want to send 7.4 volts through your receiver, you could use this winch controller with the H option:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vend...elay-output-winch-controller.html#post4754752

But that leaves 4S voltage to work your winch and I don't think it would last very long at all, so you could maybe use a small 3S pack to power the winch.

Send me a PM and we will figure things out. "thumbsup"

Back