• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

lowest possible bulletproof gearing?

Before I ran the current set up 58/10 32p, I was using the 88/15 in 48p which equates to the same gear ratio I'm at now 5.8. The only down fall was I went through spur gears quite often. Since I have switched to a 32p set up. No more stripped gears. If you absolutely must have a 48p gear set up, I would use the Hot Racing hardened aluminum spur gear, but make sure you pick up a aluminum pinion gear to match. If not say goodbye to your aluminum spur gear. When put together, metal beats aluminum every time.

alright this rig is bulletproof now and with the 5700 its a beast of a rock bouner. true to the southern style down here. itll go just about anywhere and the only issues we have are shredding the pins that go in the hexes. but even thats rare. ots being driven on a 2s 5000mah battery. 5700kv is too much power but it sure id fun to drive and it almost never breaks

Back