• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Lowering the Ascender...

Maxx_Action

Pebble Pounder
Hey guys...

I recently picked up an an F-100 Ascender to add to my growing crawler collection and I like it a lot.

I just think it sets too high. I attempted to put some shorter shocks on it, but then found that the rear links crash into the cross brace where the ESC sits. I have some Scalerfab sliders coming that will allow me to move the elctronics, so that's an easy fix with a new brace further up.

I think the real problem will be the front end. When fully compressed, the front diff hits the panhard bar, and the center link hits the servo arm.

Has anyone successfully altered the front suspension to relieve the interference with everything to allow the truck to be lowered? IF so, how did you do it?

Is that Germantown, PA?

I also put 10mm spacers inside the shocks like Natedog did, and seems to be just right. Just that alone made a huge improvement in how the truck wheels.

Back