• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Losi MRC or MRCP

BigJon

Quarry Creeper
A LHS has a MRCP that is 229.99 and a MRC for 239.99. Should I go for the pro roller or the rtr? I don’t have any support equipment (tx,rx,servo,motor,esc,bat) I know it is an opinionated question. I don't know what way to go. Any bit of help would be great. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

The mrc rtr will quickly need lockers in the front rear and center to even consider it worth playing with. I am not sure how much they costs but they come on the Pro. The tire compound is aweful on the RTR and the wheels are not beadlocks so weight them up is tough, which is another issue you will want to address quickly. I think my drive shafts also failed the first day I had my RTR so that is something else to consider.

Bottom line is this. An RTR will probably cost more to get really competitive in the long run and you will end up keeping very few stock parts, but it will at least get you started. The Pro will cost more up front but you can get it all done for much cheaper when it comes down to it.

The mrc rtr will quickly need lockers in the front rear and center to even consider it worth playing with. I am not sure how much they costs but they come on the Pro. The tire compound is aweful on the RTR and the wheels are not beadlocks so weight them up is tough, which is another issue you will want to address quickly. I think my drive shafts also failed the first day I had my RTR so that is something else to consider.

Bottom line is this. An RTR will probably cost more to get really competitive in the long run and you will end up keeping very few stock parts, but it will at least get you started. The Pro will cost more up front but you can get it all done for much cheaper when it comes down to it.

I'm in the process of setting my wife's up and another for me, the lockers by them self run around 12-13 each for front center and rear. one pack of two only covers one axle so don't buy one thinking it covers both sides.

1+ on the tire compound is not that great. rtr will get you going but the pro is probably the better way to go in my book but it will cost more up front.

FIY, there's a fully modded comp ready mrc for $200 right now... even comes with a lipo. I've seen them go much cheaper than that too.
I bought 1.5 MRC's for $200 (1 highly modded and the other for parts) a year ago when they were worth more.

Def. grab the used one. I bought the RTR and the servo lasted two hours. Second one lasted two weeks, then finally upgraded to the titanium geared hi-tech. Then needed a BEC, then new tires, then bent links, and on and on!

Thanx for the input this is exactly what I was looking for. But I can't see the classifieds yet and money is an issue so I need 30 posts before I can see them.

If you where going to spend $239 on a rtr spend the $20 bucks and get the pro for a total of $220 still sound like a great deal to me"thumbsup"

bigjohn, just a friendly piece of advise. If you wait for the 30 days or buy the star for $20 - you will find that good deals in this classified section usually last no more than 30 minutes at most. Stuff goes quick on here.

I saw some alum Wraith knuckles and chubs - ad was up for 2 minutes. I PM's the owner - already sold.

I would venture to say that the modded MRC Pro was gone a long time ago.

I would venture to say that the modded MRC Pro was gone a long time ago.

I was just using that MRC aw an example... and I bet you can find a better price than that one anyway. The point is, it doesn't make sense to buy a new MRC for 200... especially since the kits were going for $60 a few months ago.

My LHS has 2 MRC Pros in stock for $214 each. He wont come down a penny. He paid alot more than $60 - $70 for them. They are pretty hard to find now since they've been discontinued - especially at $70. If someone knows where they are for $70 - I'd like to buy another.

Back