• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

lookingn for a crawler

j285g5055d

I am now getting into the crawling part of the RC world ive had my nitro cars and drift cars but now. I was woundering What a lower cost good crawler with 4ws I should go with. I like the Integy iROCK 4WS 4X4 1/8 Crawler RTR. Any coments?

The iROCK looks like a good truck never used one though but one thing I would suggest would be to check out crawlers with just front wheel steering and mod it yourself because after all that is the funnest part of this hobby is the modifications that we can do. (at least for me it is) Plus this way you could get what you want!

Low cost, yet still capable with a decent following...Redcat RS10. Also has 4 wheel steering and I'm sure is better than the integy.

I was woundering What a lower cost good crawler with 4ws I should go with.

Low cost and rock crawling are not really friends. Just remember you get what you pay for. Being that you are coming from Nitro and drift Cars you will understand this. I would recommend a AX10 and then set it up with 4 wheel steer. If you get bored with 4WS you can then convert it back to a comp crawler.

Low cost and rock crawling are not really friends. Just remember you get what you pay for. Being that you are coming from Nitro and drift Cars you will understand this. I would recommend a AX10 and then set it up with 4 wheel steer. If you get bored with 4WS you can then convert it back to a comp crawler.

yep. and the ax10 parts are really easy to get!

thanks for all the info I've looked into it and i think in going to go with the Redcat. it looks decent. Is the any good mods for it?

thanks for all the info I've looked into it and i think in going to go with the Redcat. it looks decent. Is the any good mods for it?

First thing on the list should be Tires. The OEM redcat tires are a little hard compound and dont get good grip. Next thing your going to need servo's, the stock servos dont turn all that great when u got the rig in a bind. Weight is a must on any crawler weither it be scale or comp crawlers

Later on when u get use to the 3 mods above then think about the batwing delete.... Also go check out the redcat rs10 section, read the tips an tricks thread and scroll though the builds people have on the rs10s

Welcome to the site!!!"thumbsup"

The Integy irock is setup up for 4wsteering with the optional Integy steering kit. ( low cost upgrade)
However there is a "Pro" Integy that offers high grade metal axels and other metal parts for strength, but is costs more (look up tower hobbies)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVNT9&P=7

Don't know about the Red Cat..........Looks good in the video ......

Both crawlers have 23mm hubs, this is good.

With either kit I recomend 2 ESC's This provides much better control of wheel spin, with a single ESC , when 1 axle spins it reduces the power to the other motor (exactly backward of what works best)

Harry

Last edited:
Back