• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

LJD RC's AX10 Ridgecrest

VoltSCX

Recently I picked up a fleet of crawlers with the intention of starting up a crawler club at my high school. The fleet consists of 3 Everest 10s and 5 AX10 Scorpion RTCs.
DKHqSS0.jpeg

I'm going to make the build thread for the Scorpions tomorrow after I talk to my sponsor. Anyway, an extra truck that was thrown in with the deal was this old Ridgecrest, which actually seems to be fairly complete.
nCRXFmS.jpeg
bMb6eYT.jpeg

There are actually a couple upgrades on it already, such as metal links and diff covers from Yeah Racing. Hopefully I can get this thing working again. I've already got an old rx/tx for it, though sourcing a body is gonna be a pain. I'm hoping all of the gears are in decent condition so I won't have to replace them.

Great idea trying to start a crawler club! I hope it works out for you and gains some new RC fans.

Good score on the trucks. Hopefully you have better luck than I did at my school. I was turned down by my admin even when independently supplied with everything. Now I drive around in my gym and some excess rubble on the back side of campus.

Good score on the trucks. Hopefully you have better luck than I did at my school. I was turned down by my admin even when independently supplied with everything. Now I drive around in my gym and some excess rubble on the back side of campus.
Oh dang, that's rough man. I was turned down last year by the drone club sponsor, but I think this year I'm good to go. But still, that's so stupid. Schools are ridiculous sometimes.

Keep this updated about the club in the schools. I have a “Better than most” relationship with my admin at my school level and DO, I was bummed when they told me so, I’m guessing it conflicted with toys on campus and our robotics club, but who knows. maybe you can share some tips when yours is fully going.

Keep this updated about the club in the schools. I have a “Better than most” relationship with my admin at my school level and DO, I was bummed when they told me so, I’m guessing it conflicted with toys on campus and our robotics club, but who knows. maybe you can share some tips when yours is fully going.
Will do! I put the main thread for the club is in the 2.2 category and I'll try to keep it as updated as possible. I've almost got everything worked out, though I need to work on the details. I'm hoping I don't get turned down again like last year.

If you get turned down, anyway you could do this or something similar independently? Like off school grounds? Seems like a club to be born out of this regardless of school admin. Good luck.

If you get turned down, anyway you could do this or something similar independently? Like off school grounds? Seems like a club to be born out of this regardless of school admin. Good luck.
I might could try something, though I'm not 100% sure what I'd do just yet. I'll cook up some more ideas as backups just in case. Thanks!

Back