• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Link Drill Bushing

I would like one of these, but i was planning on using the m4 screws with the revo rod ends. Could i use this bushing then redrill with a bigger bit to fit the m4? Or perhaps tap it after that (never tapped anything, so was wondering).Looked through the threads but might've missed it if this was mentioned. Thanks

I would like one of these, but i was planning on using the m4 screws with the revo rod ends. Could i use this bushing then redrill with a bigger bit to fit the m4? Or perhaps tap it after that (never tapped anything, so was wondering).Looked through the threads but might've missed it if this was mentioned. Thanks

Super easy mod.
Use the guide with a #39 drill.
Then remove the guide and chase your existing hole with a #30 drill.
Next I prefer to chamfer the hole to ease the tap.
Then tap.

With delrin I always tap with a cordless drill, forward then reverse out.
Make sure you drill deep enough to avoid bottoming the tap.

great product thanks alot

Thanks "thumbsup"

They are still available. I believe I emailed you early this morning.
Add $1 USD for International shipping.

Doug,

Will this help keep the drill straight when drilling through or just designed to align to the center of the rod? It sounds like the latter, and I need something to hold it straight too.

Chris

Doug,

Will this help keep the drill straight when drilling through or just designed to align to the center of the rod? It sounds like the latter, and I need something to hold it straight too.

Chris

The straightness of the hole is relative to how deep you drill, how sharp your drill is and how hard you push it.
These drill guide's purpose is to drill 10-15mm deep so you rodend is straight and not doglegged off the end of the link.

Imagine you have a good drill bit, a hand drill and a length of 1/4" delrin that you want to drill into the end with.

K, so can you make them with bigger diameter holes for 4-40, 5-40, and 6-32 drill bit sizes in 5/16" rod?

Chris

K, so can you make them with bigger diameter holes for 4-40, 5-40, and 6-32 drill bit sizes in 5/16" rod?

Chris

Sure,..... but I make several hundred at a time.
Are you interested in several hundred of a specific size?

These guides will still work for your application.
Use the guide with the #39 drill, remove the guide and chase the hole with a tap drill for your needs. 4-40 uses a .089 which is smaller so it won't be so straight.

Back