• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

LC79 build

Whoa that flock turned out awesome, and the seats look nice too. Rig is coming along!

I've done a flock center console project for one of my real cars and always thought of the idea of using it on my dashboard of my FJ Cruiser Venture interior to sorta mask it's blemishes from being a bad print but also do the flooring. Seeing this now, I may put on the to-do list.

Try it! The results are nice!

Magnificent!

Thanks!

By the way, did a mega noob mistake. Painted the darker color on the seats by the mold seam instead of the fake stitching. Only realized after posting these photos....buahbuabuah... This is what happens when painting when i should be sleeping :)

Fixed that now. I'm focusing on the inside of the doors

By the way, did a mega noob mistake. Painted the darker color on the seats by the mold seam instead of the fake stitching. Only realized after posting these photos....buahbuabuah... This is what happens when painting when i should be sleeping :)

Fixed that now. I'm focusing on the inside of the doors

I noticed it lol. I didn't know that it was the mould stitch as opposed to the faux stitch but it looked a bit off.. the dark stitching running along that bolstered edge. In the following pics it appeared to be corrected. Yep, that lack of sleep can get you in to trouble real quick lol.

I noticed it lol. I didn't know that it was the mould stitch as opposed to the faux stitch but it looked a bit off.. the dark stitching running along that bolstered edge. In the following pics it appeared to be corrected. Yep, that lack of sleep can get you in to trouble real quick lol.

You could pointed that out. I would not be "offended". Just stating the truth

Seats fixed, painted the door cards to match and added the headliner

dGN0fomh.jpg

lhUnKxjh.jpg

I want to paint the dashboard but was already assembled when I got this body. Everything's glued and with the stickers

Hi!

After adding the headliner, the most reasonable thing to do was to add something to break all that blank space

Went for the functional sun visors:

SA5yhToh.jpg

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="VWd7XRR"><a href="https://imgur.com/VWd7XRR">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They were 3D printed and have a hole through to fit a 0.6mm steel wire for the 2 pivots

Very nice looking truck and all the details really add to it. 3d printing is such a cool addition to the hobby, I need to get one someday.

Very nice looking truck and all the details really add to it. 3d printing is such a cool addition to the hobby, I need to get one someday.

3D printing can be a great tool!

I had these fake hubs I've ordered for the Unimog but found their way to the LC70. They are pretty nice for the price but they need something extra. Thought of adding the Toyota logo but not sure how. Too small for 3D printing and vinyl sticker. But a buddy of mine has a laser engraver. He liked the idea and helped with this:

9uMVNimh.jpeg

tE3Kejmh.jpeg

It's the details that matter!

VERY cool... "thumbsup"

I'm having a hard time believing that last pic is not of a real tire!:shock: Excellent work on the scale details! Great idea on the laser engraving!

Cool idea on the sun visors!"thumbsup"

This is one more small detail:
With the carpet in place, felt that the floor could use some rubber floor mats and designed these, inspired by real ones

ra6JK37h.jpeg

Did a set on my Ender but my buddy TheGamer offered to do them on the resin printer. Much better, spotless

XmFNgiLh.jpeg

They arrived today, just sprayed a bit of black to see how they looked

KTDVRpJh.jpg

jAvf8yIh.jpeg

WORC1ghh.jpeg

gR1Ppijh.jpeg

You oughtta sell those mats, super nice interior add-on!

"thumbsup"

I'm basically floored, no pun intended. That's some incredible work. The skills and patience to get that level of detail is way beyond me. Hats off to you man!!!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

You oughtta sell those mats, super nice interior add-on!

"thumbsup"

So good omg.

I'm basically floored, no pun intended. That's some incredible work. The skills and patience to get that level of detail is way beyond me. Hats off to you man!!!

Many thanks! I also love how they sit on the floor..

Joy's of working with knockoffs:
Right at the start of this project got Yota II knockoffs which have a very tempting price. A set with all extras costs less than a basic single, basic genuine Yota.

But with some parts, you get what you payed for. I'll show what I've needed to do for the steering, on every photo :

C-Hub holes came far from aligned. Fixed it with aligned helicoils and filing until the faces were parallel and perpendicular to the holes

YDEykFXh.jpg

Speaking of filing, did it in a way that centered the knuckles. The axle dogbones were forcing against one side of the cup.

Dc0XgI7h.jpg

These corners were also removed to allow a bit more steering lock

6kXQqZmh.jpg

The exterior faces of the knuckles were also filed so the bushing did not bind when tightened

2inFBZQh.jpg

Also reamed the bushings' holes and did new bronze bushings, slightly longer so I could use a longer screw without binding on the drive cup(before, the shorter screws didn't used all the thread on the C-hubs)

I really failed with this build. Ran out of steam with the lights and quit. The JK got the attention and this one went to the shelf

One of the things it needed was how to connect the battery on the bed to the ESC and be easy to mount the body. I don't like to mess with plugs on small places so this idea came recently.

kFMnAB7h.jpg

vtoAWLBh.jpg

Basically, did a new servo mount with two 4mm banana plugs pointing up. Those fit on 2 female plugs on another 3D printed part, but on the cab. Doubles as front body mount. From there, wires are hidden until they exit at the bed

I'm getting this to run and dealing with the lights later

immensely innovative. Glad to see this one get dusted off and I look fwd to seeing more.

Thanks! Sometimes I prefer to step back from the project and the idea will eventually come up.

I already ran the full setup and works. Now I need to put the interior back and pack the electronics

Sorry I missed this the first time around.

Love the total dedication to scale details AND proper functioning parts. When I saw the tire valve on the wheel rim, I knew this was going to be a good thread.

"thumbsup" "thumbsup" "thumbsup"

Back