• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Last Ascender. I promise.

Jeepiac

Rock Crawler
So, I've been watching an unwanted tiny truck on a local page, and my big heartedness got the best of me, so I went on a rescue mission early yesterday morning. The conditions he was living in were horrible. No rocks, dirt or any of the stuff tiny trucks like to frolic in. It was heart wrenching to say the least. Poor guy had been out of his box for over a month and hadn't even gotten a scratch yet. Anyway, I got a good deal that I couldn't pass on, so I brought him home and tore his ass apart. Put the Curries on that had just been setting, decent tires and wheels, new battery mount, electronics upgrade, some scale goodness and my Codyboy sliders that have been in 4 states. They're still hanging tough "thumbsup"
Nothing special, just another Ascender, but you all know the proud papa syndrome thing most of us go through when we get a new 1:10 baby :lmao:

Attachments

• 0421181352.jpg
    0421181352.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 0422181933.jpg
    0422181933.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 353
  • 0422181934b.jpg
    0422181934b.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 307
  • 0422181934.jpg
    0422181934.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 284
So, I've been watching an unwanted tiny truck on a local page, and my big heartedness got the best of me, so I went on a rescue mission early yesterday morning. The conditions he was living in were horrible. No rocks, dirt or any of the stuff tiny trucks like to frolic in. It was heart wrenching to say the least. Poor guy had been out of his box for over a month and hadn't even gotten a scratch yet. Anyway, I got a good deal that I couldn't pass on, so I brought him home and tore his ass apart. Put the Curries on that had just been setting, decent tires and wheels, new battery mount, electronics upgrade, some scale goodness and my Codyboy sliders that have been in 4 states. They're still hanging tough "thumbsup"
Nothing special, just another Ascender, but you all know the proud papa syndrome thing most of us go through when we get a new 1:10 baby :lmao:

Nice rescue Jon!!! And I really like your choise of decals. ;-)
Those sliders are sure making the rounds. "thumbsup"
Ernie

Nice pickup! Did it come with the Vanquish axles or did you add those?

Nice rescue Jon!!! And I really like your choise of decals. ;-)
Those sliders are sure making the rounds. "thumbsup"
Ernie

Those sliders are on their 3rd crawler now. They have been more than tested too. Makes a guy think they are of good quality lol

Nice pickup! Did it come with the Vanquish axles or did you add those?

I've had those for a while just waiting for a home. In my opinion they aren't worth a dang for competition crawler, so on the trail rig they go. The good ole plastic and brass is saved for the serious rigs,

I've had those for a while just waiting for a home. In my opinion they aren't worth a dang for competition crawler, so on the trail rig they go. The good ole plastic and brass is saved for the serious rigs,

Why do you say that about the VP axles? I am contemplating purchasing them for my Ascender.

They also add some weight down low... and strength. But, yeah... drag on rocks is always the tradeoff for schweet aluminum axle housings.

My f100 has been getting lonely all by itself... The SCX10 ii kit has been calling my name. The LHS owner has one that he never got around to putting together. He threw out a number that is a no brainer. I think tomorrow I will make the voyage and pick it up. Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping the ascender, but the second rig will make it more fun with the daughter.

Why do you say that about the VP axles? I am contemplating purchasing them for my Ascender.

Shinchu nailed it. The silver streaks left on the rocks is a good indicator of how easily aluminum slides on the hard stuff. Not 100% sure, but by using the hold it in your hand method I think the plastic/brass combo is a little heavier that the Currie axle. But those Curries sure are purdy :)

Last edited:
Back