• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Knightrunner and Utron projects

What do you think of the IFS V2 compared to the V1 after running it?

I was debating the swap, but mine does pretty good with the V1. Not sure I want to spend the coin yet.

Really appreciating all the detailed shots. I have the IFS v1, and despise it. Bump steer, terrible geometry. Honestly regret buying it, however it was the only IFS kit as I was wanting to build a scale replica of my 4Runner.

Looks like I'll be snagging a IFS v2. "thumbsup"

Yeah, I disliked the v1 before the bowhouse stuff. Then, once the rod ends started wearing, they would pop off all the time, had so many issues with steering. Bought an extremely overpowered servo (which I love now, and only buy them) it just wasn’t controllable on really technical climbs.

You won’t regret the v2. It is so much better and performs way better than v1. With the control arm setup, steering design, it has little to no bump steer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think of the IFS V2 compared to the V1 after running it?

I was debating the swap, but mine does pretty good with the V1. Not sure I want to spend the coin yet.

The v2 is far better than the v1 in terms of technical crawling. It acts like a real ifs suspension now and you’ll kind of “3 wheel” which is exactly how my 1:1 tacoma performs.

It handles like a scale version now and the little bit of clearance it added, is noticeable.

Yeah, I disliked the v1 before the bowhouse stuff. Then, once the rod ends started wearing, they would pop off all the time, had so many issues with steering. Bought an extremely overpowered servo (which I love now, and only buy them) it just wasn’t controllable on really technical climbs.

You won’t regret the v2. It is so much better and performs way better than v1. With the control arm setup, steering design, it has little to no bump steer.

Agreed, but even then the Bowhouse parts only partially correct the steering issues. Instead of spending $30+ on helping the IFS v1, I'm just gonna get the IFS v2. Glad to hear testimony from someone with both, and the input is greatly appreciated!

Getting the trucks and myself ready for the G6 coming up.

Adding scale stuff, lights, maintenance, etc.

Lights [emoji736] the not working arb one is now working. Wire came loose- it’s fixed and working now.

ca47ee88f033be91f93bceb6b0ff2986.jpg

Have had this arb fridge for a while with nothing in it. Printed some labels and made my favorite beverage of choice for wheeling

411895a4484e34cdac5e255929a652d2.jpg

Trailer came in. Bought two. One for my son, which was $100 more and his was a pita to put together. Instructions sucked and sooo many pieces.

Mine, however, took about 20 minutes. His may be built stronger with aluminum plate vs mesh but he traded wheels with me and I got the aluminum solid wheels. Cannot stand wagon wheels!

fe9d16fa7a857ff673b82f83cc8df04e.jpg

I don’t know but it has a striking resemblance…

acc207e5f2c1fe3b23b8410befea73ed.jpg

2468cdd890e5e4acd9fbb846874dcc3f.jpg

Hitch is pretty slick. Functions like a real one and using the utron bumper on the Knightrunner worked well. If I cared enough, I’d shim the hitch a bit to keep it level but it will have the hitch on for such a short period of time it doesn’t matter to me.

c799d96315ec57ca9da7f184cc86c282.jpg

Man oh man the g6 was a blast. The red truck did excellent, the gray one, not so much.

54c878d7725740e80b75ed6e2458104f.jpg

Getting sooo tired of diffs clicking on these ifs setups. Just rebuilt the gray one and used the factory associated rear diff with the factory built ifs2. Already stripped. Cannot get these things into a tight spot without stripping gears.

Catching up on my older posts. Still need to do a few things to this red truck. Needs an actual fairlead and winch line stop. Keeps coming through the plastic one. Even tried and small washer but it has too much room and pops right through.

Also, going to swap to leaf in the rear to add that extra scale-ism.

Back