• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Just wrapped up my two TJs

wwaveform

The TJ is criminally underrepresented in RC, so I made my own. The standard wheelbase TJ is sitting on an ECX Barrage chassis. The LJ is on an SCX10 III Base Camp.

This is all based on an LJ project I started last year. I wound up completing a body, but it didn't look good, so I let it sit on my shelf for a year. When I began working on the Barrage I thought I'd use the opportunity to rework my 3D models and make another LJ while I was at it.

The hoods, doors, and tailgates are hinged with airplane control surface hinges. The doors are removable as are the hardtops, and there's a semi-modeled interior with a dashboard and seats! Pictures don't show it, but both have working headlights and taillights.

Both bodies were 3D printed in Overture PLA. The paint on the blue TJ looks a little rough, so for the LJ I thought I'd simply use plastic in the color that I wanted it to be in. Worked out much better than painting!

The TJ is on stock Barrage shocks, but I've had to fill them with 5000wt diff oil because the new bodies are so heavy. Still need to do the same with the LJ's shocks.

Sure they're lacking a few details such as "Jeep" fender stamping and a gas cap, but I think they still look fantastic the way they came out.

Enjoy the photos, partially photobombed by my cat :)

d3nE9p4.jpeg

9Tyk1kz.jpeg

75JFYIw.jpeg

OPeN7Kf.jpeg

iVCQwpA.jpeg

aEK1KXF.jpeg

OtE06GV.jpeg

88LiKHK.jpeg

They look great man. The 3d printer is such a neat tool for this hobby that I need to grab one sometime, then learn to use it lol. I'm really surprised about the TJ\LJ not being a common body but your right it really isn't, I had one of the new bright bodies years ago but sold it before really even starting on build.

They look great man. The 3d printer is such a neat tool for this hobby that I need to grab one sometime, then learn to use it lol. I'm really surprised about the TJ\LJ not being a common body but your right it really isn't, I had one of the new bright bodies years ago but sold it before really even starting on build.

Printers like the Bambu Lab P1/X1 make it really easy to get high quality prints. It's such a dang shame the TJ isn't more common. We had the YJ from Tamiya, the CJ just recently from Axial, and countless JKs and JLs, even an XJ Cherokee. Zero TJs from my searches, other than the New Bright body.

Back