• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Just got my first Crawler F100!

AmISam

Hey guys I just got my first Crawler Vaterra Ascender F100 and am stoked. I know nothing of the crawling scene. I was all about bashing my X Maxx and Kraton. This is a new world to me and find it intriguing. Any advice tips or tricks are welcomed. Any threads I should be looking at first? Any thing I need to do before I take her for a ride? As of now I see I have to trim my wheel well in front. Do I need to adjust my slipper tight like a basher? TIA. I wanted to post a pic but I’m new to forums too and couldn’t figure it out on my phone. Lol

Nice choice man! Welcome to RCC.

You’ll find the Ascender forum has many helpful and friendly guys to answer your questions. User Natedog has a thread that could be considered the essential Ascender thread on this site to go through. That said you should be good to go out of the box with your rig. There are many mods, but none required to let the fun begin...

Hi Sam!
Just get out there and drive it! As far as slipper clutch goes, I would back it off at first, until you get a feel for it. They are very tough but it is possible to break something if the wheels are bound up tight in a hole or the front bumper is hard against something and you try to just power your way out. It won’t hurt to hear and see the clutch slip a little.

Welcome . As it's been said, just get out and drive it, then see what you want to change if you are that way inclined. Ascender is a good solid truck and plenty of great help on here. Enjoy.

Welcome! I agree get out there and run it, lots of good info here and help when you need it. Natedogs Ascender build is a must read though at some point there is so much info there you will have a bunch of pages bookmarked lol

Generally with most crawlers slippers are tightened up all the way and then backed off a half turn or quarter turn, some slip when you get bound up can save parts from breaking but you want it as locked as possible while still slipping in an emergency.

Maybe check the motor pinion alignment and mesh.

Enjoy!

Oh and to post pics you can use a free image hosting site like Imgur to put the pics up, then you'll get a link you can post here. Or for $20 you can become a RCCrawler supporter and get unlimited uploads.

Last edited:
just put the brackets like this

i use tinypic to host mine, since it also has a built-in resizing feature. btw best to resize to about 800x600. admins will like you better if you aren't posting huge poster sized images. ;)

but yeah i don't think you need to trim any fenders, crawlers you want them to rub a little and ideally tuck the tire up inside fenders on a good flex.
there are some great threads stickied up top in this section, and we are all plenty willing to help!

welcome to the ascender family!
ASCENDERS, ASSEMBLE!!!!

Back