• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Just a few scaler questions

napstersucks

I'm about to basically convert my SCX10 to a Trail Finder 2. I have wheels, tires, shocks and shock relocation kit on the way. I'd just like to know,
A.) Where in the hell can I find a TF2 body??
They'r sold out on the RC4WD site and there isn't any on ebay. Is there anywhere that sells them?
B.) What power systems/gearing setups are you guys running in your scale rigs?
C.) How much weight are you running in your wheels (if any)? I've got the RC4WD 'wagon wheels' coming and I got my Pitbull 'Rock Beasts' in the other day.
I'm really just looking for a good trailing setup, I reckon. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like a cool start, not trying to be a jerk but all your questions can be answered by searching and looking through all the awesome builds here on RCC.

I prefer brushless on 3s or 35t on 3s.

Final garing near 50:1

Wheel weight will depend on your setup and how much scale crap you hot glue to your truck. I run 3oz in all 4 wheels.

As for the body, don't know. I do have a used Tamiya Toyota body and bed sitting around. PM me for details if you are interested.

Last edited:
The body should be easy just look on tower hobbies or ebay for Tamiya bruiser body or Tamiya hilux body and corresponding parts!

Back