• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 1/6 on Traxxas Summit

GreeceRC

Since I will be starting the building of "version 2.0" of my 1/6 scale Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, I thought it was the most convenient time to share with you a project I finished in June, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 1/6 on Traxxas Summit "version 1".

Jeep%2520Wrangler%2520Rubicon%25201.JPG

Jeep%2520Wrangler%2520Rubicon%25202.JPG

Jeep%2520Wrangler%2520Rubicon%25203.JPG

Bellow, you will find a video. In the video, the terrain looks relatively easy, but in fact it has a 40° inclination and the soil is made of gravel and very thin sand, which would be way more challenging for a 1:10 scale crawler.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling in the Greek Islands - YouTube

I will post more pictures and information later. Comments and suggestions (even negative ;-)) are welcome!

It looks great, perfect scale for the terrain.
Did you have to modify the wheel base?
Have any side shots?

I second that about the wheelbase. I have a 1/6 tj rubi, and a summit, but the wheel base is way, way to short. So how did you address this?

It looks great, perfect scale for the terrain.
Did you have to modify the wheel base?
Have any side shots?

I second that about the wheelbase. I have a 1/6 tj rubi, and a summit, but the wheel base is way, way to short. So how did you address this?

The reason I posted this thread here in the Large Scale section is that it is not just a Traxxas Summit with a different body-shell, but rather a custom crawler using most parts from the Traxxas Summit, as well as the Slayer Pro 4x4, on a custom made aluminum plate chassis.

Bellow is the only side view picture I have, since I don't really like how it looks from the side because of all the visible non-scale electronics and battery. As you might be able to see, I stretched the wheelbase, to roughly
40.5cm / 16 in.

Jeep%2520Wrangler%2520Rubicon%2520sideview.JPG

Re: How it all started

Here is what I started with: a Traxxas "Slummit". I liked the looks of the Summit body and LOVED the differential locking and two speed transmission :twisted:! But did not really like the fact it was so wide and non-scale :ror:.
So before I even bought the Summit, I started searching on Traxxas' website if they offer other products based on the Revo platform. Lucky me they had one, the Slayer Pro 4x4 :mrgreen:!
After more research on if the Slater Pro arms can be put on the Traxxas Summit bulkheads, I found an old thread, the "Traxxas Summit LT".

Traxxas%2520Summit%25201.jpg

Above, you can see how I did mine. I took the "Traxxas Summit LT" concept much further. I put on modified Long Travel rockers instead of the P2, I modified the bulkheads so I could add more caster, I modified the wheel hubs and steering assembly for more steering (up to 45° steering 8)) and put on custom driveshafts to handle all that extra suspension travel and steering. I also lowered the body and bumpers.

Back