• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Is the NB4 still a good radio to pick up?

CRAZYACE63

Rock Crawler
I have been out of the hobby for a couple years now and wanted to get some updated gear to use.

Is the NB4 still a go to radio for people to use? I don't need the PRO version just the standard one should do.

I am going to be running a custom TRX4M build and my original TRX4. No multi channel mixing or dual steering. Just throttle and steering and an add on light that comes with the chassis I have.

Would this be a good radio to replace my DX3R? I don't upgrade very often.

Thanks in advance.

For the price, it would NOT be on my radar. Doesn't sound like you need much power. A FlySky GT5 would probably suffice. The current budget radio hype of the moment is the Radiomaster MT12 and while apparently difficult to program, even it is cheaper than the Noble. The Spektrum DX3 and DX5C are also cheaper than the NB4.

The best for the money in my book. You can find them on AliExpress for $155 with two receivers. As Jato mentioned the GT5 is a killer deal for its capabilities. We have 3 NB4 and two gt5's between my wife and kiddos. I have since dumped my 7px and m17 (still have two Futaba's if anyone interested :mrgreen:). After years (and currently) of racing, this is a great radio and more than enough for crawling. The bonus of a gt5 though is 3d printing a large knob for CH6 and using it for independent proportional 4ws setups. The NB4 does not have a well placed dial for full control but im a DIG guy, so it doesn't matter.

Both awesome radios.

Also, whats condition of DX3r:lmao:? I have tons of BnD Losi micros needing a new radio as mine finally gave up completely!! I cant stand the stock radios

I like my NB4 but it sounds like it would be overkill for what you intend to do with it. A more basic radio would work fine. With that said, there is nothing wrong with going overkill if you can swing it. The NB4 is easy to program and will allow you the option of mixes and stuff later down the road.

Also, whats condition of DX3r:lmao:? I have tons of BnD Losi micros needing a new radio as mine finally gave up completely!! I cant stand the stock radios

It is not for sale. I have had this since new and it stays in a plastic case that holds it. I even have a full wrap from Kamikaze Kustoms that I got on here. I may just use this radio since I have all the RX's for it already and there are clones that are cheap on ebay. Will get a pic of it when I can figure out how to post one on my phone.

I think staying with my DX3R for now and then upgrading to the NB4 when I need the extra functions and smaller RX's.

Hell I may even just order it up when I'm browsing the net at night. impulse buys and all lol. Same thing I did when I ordered all the TRX4M parts to make a buggy build.

Thats cool. Havent fondled a Pro version but the normal NB4 has a very high quality feel to it. Makes my other radios, even Futabas feel like cheap toys. The RX is small and lightweight and having no external antenna is great. There is a new waterproof version coming out too.

Back