• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Integy Billet Rack and Pinion?

MachtSchnell

Rock Stacker
I had previously tried the BMRC and GCM vertical front shock tower mounts. Along with those I tried a Traxxas bell crank and some other parts to hodgepodge something together. Never was happy with what I got to work, but eventually went back to stock. The factory plastic rack is good when new and clean, but then gets dirty and sticky, and finally gets wallered-out from all the grit. Back to the vertical mounts, downside is that I kept having straighten them after crashes/rollovers.

Found this: Integy Billet Steering Rack

C26957BLUE.jpg

It's a bit pricey at around $30, but has any tried this? I may just buy one for grins, and post back with results.

Surely going to be more rigid than factory, and looks like it has two cylindrical (plastic?) sliders. If the tolerances are right, it should not be too tight, and should wipe the channel effectively of dirt and debris.

Guarantee that thing is all sloppy and worn out in no time. The only decent steering option at this time is the Scorched Parts 3d printed bellcrank setup. I also have a couple older Sr Erie bellcrank sets I really like, but they are discontinued.

Back