• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hummer beach challenge

Mocca Master

My M1025 hummer in some challenging sandy environment (I apologize to German viewers but for some reason the video is unavailable there...)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeUOPQaTiNM

IMG_4980.jpg

Thanks man... I appreciate it :)

I've got a lot planned for this hummer. Need a new engine and then I've got some 3-4 new superb locations to shoot. Always on the look out for potential trails and spots when running/mountain biking!

Stay tuned 8)

Last edited:
I enoyed the video. The wind must have been fierce, the grass looks like it's going at 2x. That rig scoots!!
nope - just a lot of wind to shake the grass and a 27t 'silver can' :oops: ... I know it is a bit fast but that is needed to avoid getting stuck :)

I enoyed the video. The wind must have been fierce, the grass looks like it's going at 2x. That rig scoots!!

It was very windy and cold!
Ok, here is the story. I went to shoot the video one day prior to this footage, but after 5 mins my camera ran dry... so I just had fun bashing my hummer - an excellent location, but then the next day the wind had picked up to 14-15 m/s and the temperature was down to 5 degrees celcius - a rough combination! And my planned location was just in the wind side... Since I only had that last day at that location I just wanted to shoot it anyways and did so, and found another place a bit out of the wind - still, a beach is open and the wind just pounded me :ror: I got my videos but only just!
My next piece will be something quite different and hopefully in better conditions = a bit more thorough :mrgreen:

Great

video.
I really enjoy seing the beach and sand dunes, as I grew up very close to it. Great location for RCs.
I think you could benefit very much from using a lot more slow motion. Your car is probably doing many cool moves with the speed it goes, but it is hard to see it when it is played in full speed.
Some of the best things to notice are tire and suspension flex. I really think you should use the same fottage as you have now and incorporate some slow motion in it. Great looking car also.

do you have any vids of the hummer rock crawling?

Sorry no - not yet. I plan on finding a spot (difficult in Denmark...) after I get a higher torque motor in it. The tricky part about this TA-01 chassis is the ground clearance and the tip-point - when crawling you really need to get it right or you will just get stuck/hanging on the belly.

Since you asked I'll make this my next challenge - seeing if I can create a somewhat acceptable crawler session :)

Cheers

Last edited:
video.
I really enjoy seing the beach and sand dunes, as I grew up very close to it. Great location for RCs.
I think you could benefit very much from using a lot more slow motion. Your car is probably doing many cool moves with the speed it goes, but it is hard to see it when it is played in full speed.
Some of the best things to notice are tire and suspension flex. I really think you should use the same fottage as you have now and incorporate some slow motion in it. Great looking car also.

I know what you mean - although I simply don't like messing with cam speed - That is why I need a slower/higher torque motor to actually maneuver more slowly...
in the meantime: point taken! I'll definitely implement some more slow-moe in my next video. I already got the perfect theme song for a slow motion session "thumbsup"

Back