• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

How to stop hoss from wheeling

Derek86

My traxxas hoss won't stop wheeling any tips to stop it from wheelies thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Here are a few options I can think of at the moment:
1. Throttle control - let off when the front end comes up and accelerate more slowly.
2. Does the ESC allow traction control or throttle ramping? Adjusting those would help.
3. Install a wheelie bar.
4. Use a less powerful battery.
5. Put some ballast weight on the front. This may effect jumping and cause nosedives.

Here are a few options I can think of at the moment:
1. Throttle control - let off when the front end comes up and accelerate more slowly.
2. Does the ESC allow traction control or throttle ramping? Adjusting those would help.
3. Install a wheelie bar.
4. Use a less powerful battery.
5. Put some ballast weight on the front. This may effect jumping and cause nosedives.
Yea i was thinking about weight up front

The slipper clutch controls this. Loosen it up and it will allow it to slip and it should have a bit more acceleration instead of wanting to wheelie. Tighten up the slipper if you want to go back to wheelies.

EDIT: Well it looks like the Hoss doesnt have a slipper clutch so scratch that. I guess you could try changing the diff oil but I'm not familiar with that in regards to wheelies. I think you'd basically want to induce some slip in the drivetrain.

Last edited:
The slipper clutch controls this. Loosen it up and it will allow it to slip and it should have a bit more acceleration instead of wanting to wheelie. Tighten up the slipper if you want to go back to wheelies.
Ok thanks

Ok thanks

EDIT: Well it looks like the Hoss doesnt have a slipper clutch so scratch that. I guess you could try changing the diff oil but I'm not familiar with that in regards to wheelies. I think you'd basically want to induce some slip in the drivetrain.

Sorry I edited my post, I dont think you saw that yet.

Back