• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How to Mount a Body

Ots

Quarry Creeper
Gold Star Baby!
I noticed in my TK kit that it comes with four body mounts using body clips. But I've seen pics where the bodies are mounted and no pins are showing or other visible means of fastening. This is done how - magnetic devices I've seen for sale? If you glue a magnet on the inside of the body doesn't the glue mess up the paint?

I’ve done it this way for years. Ring magnets are the trick, mine stick well under the paint

https://youtu.be/JattsfLcmuw

b1f1f97cfe446b455a9f251ec4f5390a.jpg

f8f465e3a99d6f5b305b2ea72d347bd4.jpg

942519e3d53175529c9f8da3eaa15166.jpg

91cb91566083b3d134660c078e96d167.jpg

The last picture shows the magnet mount I use for the back of the body. The chassis picture shows all 4magnets

Hang up and Drive

Last edited:
I noticed in my TK kit that it comes with four body mounts using body clips. But I've seen pics where the bodies are mounted and no pins are showing or other visible means of fastening. This is done how - magnetic devices I've seen for sale? If you glue a magnet on the inside of the body doesn't the glue mess up the paint?

I recommend E6000 for gluing on magnets and yes it can remove paint but only if its agitated. If you simply apply the glue and magnet and you dont end up shifting it back and forth a bunch you should be fine.

In one of my build threads I went over some details of the magnet body mounts, I also included a link to a video from GCM racing which is where I found this method.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ssd-...ldtefs-lc70-ssd-trail-king-2.html#post5972621

EDIT: Mike linked the same GCM video

Back