• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How to get a 10.2 to go fast.

TITANIUM94010

Quarry Creeper
How do I get the 10.2 to go decently fast, around 15 mph brushed? I'm trying to make a Prerunner build out of of a 10.2 raw builders kit, but the stock transmission just spins too fast with a large pinion for driving to be comfortable and not sound like the transmissions going to explode any second.

I've been thinking of installing a SSD 2 speed conversion, but from asking, a person said that it dosen't make too much of a difference, but I'm not sure. Mabye I can do a transmission swap but what transmission do I put in there? I've been thinking of a Yeti tranny but don't know how to mount it.

A bit of help?

If you want it to go fast, the tranny will have to turn up, have you greased the gears inside?

Other than playing with gearing of putting a faster motor in it ( low speed crawling will suffer some ) a larger tire will also help gain a bit of speed.

Switching from the factory set of 30t/8t ring & pinion for a 27t/8t set is right around a 10% increase. FWIW I run a 5700k castle in mine and run it really hard, still going strong (for now anyway).

I don't need low speed as much, but a bit would be nice. I'll be doing a lot more meduim speed runs, as this is almost more of a short course type build than a crawler, if you know what I mean. I would like to fit a TRX4 transmission on there, but I'm not sure how that would fare.

12-15mph is fairly easy. Gear up on your pinion to a 15-16t, and throw a 4000kv or so brushless motor in the rig on 3s, maybe 4s.

Mine is setup with a 2speed rc4wd transmission 10/60 pinion pinion/spur, 3000kv brushless, and tops out at about half the speed as my nephews stock brushed Slash in high gear. so 12ish mph.
The handling at that speed is not good lol, but is manageable if you are careful.... See below.

1Uog4X7h.jpg

Last edited:
Back