• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Holmes Hobbies Br-mini esc in a scale rig ?

tapped-out

I wanna be Dave
Holmes Hobbies Br-mini esc in a scale rig ?
Is any running a br-mini in their scale rig?
I'm thinking about running a br-mini and 16t crawlmaster in a scx10 2 kit.

Great combo for a sporty rig, and I know if I drive the scx10 2 rig like my sporty it will be fine. I'm just not sure about a scaler with longer run times.

Last edited:
That’s the setup I’m gonna try to run in this scaler I have. I’ll use some thicker gauge wire to help act as a heat sink since it is gonna be sandwiched between the slider and a full depth interior.

Otherwise I think it’d be fine if it has some fresh air to breathe. I’ve run fxr’s in Scale rigs with no issues as well.

In my humble opinion, the BR-mini is for small and light rigs. Could be easily overheated in summer on scale crawlers?

Kinda what i was thinking.
The scale rig I'm building probably wouldn't be ran on long runs. I'm planning on hosting a few scale comps, courses with 6 mins run times per course.

Because I decided to try and get guys with RTR or kit built scale rigs with close to stock/budgets electronics.
I went with an Hobby Wing 1060 esc to keep my kit built rig, on a even playing field or close to stock electronics.

Back