• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

HobbyPlus CR-18 Kratos coming soon

spoo76

I wanna be Dave
Looks like a much more detailed lexan body, and FINALLY!! Hidden mechanical body mounts. I don't understand why more companies aren't doing this. Otherwise it's the same platform but with the current trend of finally using a 050 instead of a 030 motor. It's the same 050 motor from the RocHobby Katana and HobbyPlus upgrade. Same specs as Barrage/RGT/FTX, but with the correct wire polarity and motor mount holes.
https://youtu.be/pxTcbPsiM3k

Available here on AsiaTees for $149
https://www.asiatees.com/display?brand=Hobby Plus&model=CR-18&id=180336&c=product-int

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
e7b711da26e2d4f80e8da8c8a25b6697.jpg
b5477e9240f342212b05a4a0251526ef.jpg
a4a3b67fb66ae069487982c0a289beaa.jpg
e44ca34ac39a7670568f23cf3022e164.jpg

Last edited:
I had a feeling HobbyPlus would release a power wagon when I swapped the ATLAS body on my CR-18. Maybe it's my imagination but this looks a little different than the Panda Hobby power wagon, and of course the Atlas. Nose seems a little more square.
542714d783f0868620d70b6cab6788ef.jpg
fa79d0daa443e396cc0e0a64661f2973.jpg
a6a592ed69076c6fb3ad1f8394590d22.jpg
bd028829fa97af7cb6afec763ff5f221.jpg
6278c7bcabfa31bdd095aa9fb5fa26c2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
finally more info and available, unfortunately not with the cool Power Wagon body:

Hobbyplus CR-18 Kratos

Higher clearance, new design for better weight distribution, new electronics...
Will see how this "high performance" CR-18 performs compared to the quite nice "normal" CR-18.
It is not cheap... about the price of the RocHobby Katana.

showatt.php

showatt.php

showatt.php

showatt.php

showatt.php

995102-kratos-8-jpg

995093-kratos-3-jpg

995092-kratos-4-jpg

995091-kratos-5-jpg

995090-kratos-6-jpg

995089-kratos-7-jpg

Linking pictures from RC Groups seems not to work anymore (for me?), I cannot see them.
Here you will see the pics:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...rmance-Mini-Crawler-by-Hobbyplus#post45899957

Last edited:
Well, I have ordered it.

Not a cheapo... 190 bucks, paid still more than 150 using points...

Hope this will pay off...

For this money you'll already get some ok 1/10 ;-)

Walter

Well, I have ordered it.

Not a cheapo... 190 bucks, paid still more than 150 using points...

Hope this will pay off...

For this money you'll already get some ok 1/10 ;-)

Walter
It was $40 cheaper at $150 in the AsiaTees link in my first post. Even at that price it's a little high for just a nicer lexan body, but I'd expect the price to drop a little bit more hopefully.
Looks like the same information, there's not much new to tell it's still a CR-18 chasis, which IMO isn't a bad thing.
For some reason most of the pictures don't seem to be working. I noticed that on one of your other posts.

Last edited:
Question is :Why would I get the 4wheeler for more when instead I could have the 6wheeler for waaay less??
The ATLAS is $129 most places including AsiaTees. Also on AsiaTees the new Kratos and Harvester are $149. I don't know that I would consider $20 way less. You can also get the older LC80 and Canyon for $102 and the scout for $89. Other than the body the only real difference is they have the smaller 030 motor instead of 050. That's a $4 fix for anyone that cares.
I like my Atlas, but to be honest the 6x6 is more of a novelty. Sure with better tires the extra wheel base and third axle helps hill climbs, but that's about it. 6x6 makes it turn really wide compared to a 4x4. In the end the hobbyist will likely have the 6x6 and the 4x4

It was $40 cheaper at $150 in the AsiaTees link in my first post.

Hi,
Asiatees kills its prices by shipping costs and possible custom problems.

Banggood shipping is cheap and I do not have any custom problems for sure (if I use EU Priority Line or Priority Direct mail)

The Kratos contains a Lipo Battery, so I can only choose DHL or Fedex shipment at Atees; this is surprisingly cheap, only about 10 $. But DHL and FedEx will guaranteed make custom clearance for you, they do it without any order. Then you will have to pay for their work, this is about 15 € (ca. 17 $), and you will have to pay 20% EUSt. if the shipment is below 150 €, what are 30 $ more.
So this would have been more than 200 $ for the Kratos for me if I had bought from A-tees, and I paid 150 $ from BG.

BTW:
Received a shipment with CR18 tires and more stuff from A-Tees today, more than 100 bucks and no customs, this was good luck for me ;) (but it was "normal" shipment, not DHL or Fedex).

Walter

Last edited:
Hi,
Asiatees kills its prices by shipping costs and possible custom problems.

Banggood shipping is cheap and I do not have any custom problems for sure (if I use EU Priority Line or Priority Direct mail)

The Kratos contains a Lipo Battery, so I can only choose DHL or Fedex shipment at Atees; this is surprisingly cheap, only about 10 $. But DHL and FedEx will guaranteed make custom clearance for you, they do it without any order. Then you will have to pay for their work, this is about 15 € (ca. 17 $), and you will have to pay 20% EUSt. if the shipment is below 150 €, what are 30 $ more.
So this would have been more than 200 $ for the Kratos for me if I had bought from A-tees, and I paid 150 $ from BG.

BTW:
Received a shipment with CR18 tires and more stuff from A-Tees today, more than 100 bucks and no customs, this was good luck for me ;) (but it was "normal" shipment, not DHL or Fedex).

Walter
Wow it's definitely more expensive for you and Austria and the opposite experience than me here in the US. For me AsiaTees is far more reliable even when I choose the cheap slow shipping. It may take a month, but it's usually extremely cheap shipping. When I choose FedEx it will usually arrive in less than a week. I normally go for the cheapest shipping for smaller items, but I've had lots of luck with AsiaTees & FedEx getting larger or higher value packages to me quickly for only a few $ more. I don't even use Banggood anymore because of the problems I've had, AliExpress has only slightly better. Incredibly slow, if it ever even gets to me, but cheap or free shipping.
So far out of all my AliExpress orders 3 have been marked as delivered to my mailbox, even though nothing was delivered, and there's always someone home.

Just ordered mine and some metal driveshafts, fedex shipping was free at the moment on asiatees. Barrage motor was just over $3.00 also.

Just ordered mine and some metal driveshafts, fedex shipping was free at the moment on asiatees. Barrage motor was just over $3.00 also.
Great deal with free FedEx shipping. The HobbyPlus 050 upgrade would have been a direct bolt in with the same specs as the barrage motor, but $1 more. It's easy enough to drill the correct motor mount pulse and reverse the motor polarity though. If/when You decide to gear down pick up the Barrage/RGT/FTX 64t spur gear for $2 to replace the stock 54t. I have some 9t pinions. That combination should give you about a 14:1 transmission gear ratio if I remember right.

Wow it's definitely more expensive for you and Austria and the opposite experience than me here in the US. For me AsiaTees is far more reliable even when I choose the cheap slow shipping. It may take a month, but it's usually extremely cheap shipping. When I choose FedEx it will usually arrive in less than a week. I normally go for the cheapest shipping for smaller items, but I've had lots of luck with AsiaTees & FedEx getting larger or higher value packages to me quickly for only a few $ more. I don't even use Banggood anymore because of the problems I've had, AliExpress has only slightly better. Incredibly slow, if it ever even gets to me, but cheap or free shipping.
So far out of all my AliExpress orders 3 have been marked as delivered to my mailbox, even though nothing was delivered, and there's always someone home.

Hi,
yes, I agree, extremely depending on where you live.
I love Banggood, and actually even shipments from China (!!!) arrive in about 2 weeks (10 days - 3 weeks), if I choose EU priority line or Priority Direct Mail ( 2- 5 bucks shipping costs), and no custom problems.
And they do have a lot of stuff in their EU warehouses, really a lot.
And normally, for most orders, using coupons or points, I pay 20% less than "price announced".
I personally love BG, probably 500 + orders... higly prefer it to Ali (but do also have several hundred orders there).

Dont get me wrong, I really like Asiatees, and their "normal" (slow) shipments arrive in about 2 weeks... so all good.
Asiatees also highly improved with their shipping options for us, now you have cheap shipping options for most orders, at least if you buy for 100+ bucks.
Didn't have to pay customs for orders for several times now, for my last orders.
But it is "not for sure", thats the problem. Same thing with RC Mart (and also Aliexpress), and DHL and Co. "suck" (if they make custom clearance for you and charge you for their work).

In contrary, I will have to pay customs for sure (100% for sure) if I order in the US.
I order regularly from Amainhobbies and sometimes from Amazon.com (different products than our Amazon.de/at).
No chance, you will pay customs (VAT and customs, depending on value), but below 22 € we do not have to pay any customs.
Thats why I buy quite a lot of cheap stuff (spare parts for OXY, Horizon, Holmes motors) from Amain, the price differences to our EU prices are large, a lot cheaper in the US, and also availability of some stuff is better there. Funny thing: Shipping costs from Amainhobbies are cheaper (!!!) than shipping costs within my tiny country Austria, hard to believe, but true (however, local online shops offer free shipping for orders higher than... ca. 80 - 120).
My last order from Amain was only 35 €, I used a coupon and wanted to "try", ordered RC4WD tires.
But no chance... I had to pay 5 € "customs" (VAT) AND 10 € "handling charge" to our post. Thats a dealbreaker... (and those 10 - 15 € "handling charge" make me extremely angry; some years ago I got a customs clearance notification by mail, sent bills and credit card proof, paid VAT/Customs, and received my stuff. They changed this, now they always do this for you and charge you 10 - 15 € for their "work").

Online shopping is a kind of science - and general statements are hard to make, always depending on where you live.

But BTT:

I wonder if the Power Wagon is the same as the Kratos, guess not?
Power Wagon still missing on BG, ... however, now with Kratos, CR18, Katana and Atlas I guess, I wont buy this, even if it is super cool.

We'll see,

Walter

Last edited:
I just got my Power Wagon in the mail today and just a heads up that it does come with the 050 size motor. The body is made of pretty thick lexan with nice molded accents, i'm happy with the truck so far and worth the $$!

All the CR-18s that have the updated pan hard bar should be the same other than older ones have a 030. The Kratos and Harvester should have a 050 like the 1/18 RocHobby Katana.

I just got my Power Wagon in the mail today and just a heads up that it does come with the 050 size motor. The body is made of pretty thick lexan with nice molded accents, i'm happy with the truck so far and worth the $$!
Awesome that was pretty quick shipping.

I was thinking the same thing! I couldn't believe the FedEx guy pulled up this afternoon. It even came with some Asiatee brand sanitizing wipes LOL!

All the CR-18s that have the updated pan hard bar should be the same other than older ones have a 030. The Kratos and Harvester should have a 050 like the 1/18 RocHobby Katana.

Well, dang I just ordered an 050 with my harvester. Guess I'll have an extra motor.

Great deal with free FedEx shipping. The HobbyPlus 050 upgrade would have been a direct bolt in with the same specs as the barrage motor, but $1 more. It's easy enough to drill the correct motor mount pulse and reverse the motor polarity though. If/when You decide to gear down pick up the Barrage/RGT/FTX 64t spur gear for $2 to replace the stock 54t. I have some 9t pinions. That combination should give you about a 14:1 transmission gear ratio if I remember right.

I also ordered a 64t spur with mine from asiatees. Any advice on what 9t pinion to order? I'm seeing a whole bunch on Amazon but I don't know what pitch or shaft diameter to be looking for!

I got the brass wheel weights with it too!

Last edited:
Well, dang I just ordered an 050 with my harvester. Guess I'll have an extra motor.

I also ordered a 64t spur with mine from asiatees. Any advice on what 9t pinion to order? I'm seeing a whole bunch on Amazon but I don't know what pitch or shaft diameter to be looking for!

I got the brass wheel weights with it too!

Good cheap motor to have a spare of at least.
The pinion is .3 mod with a 1.5mm shaft. I have them if you need any

Back