• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help with first 1/10 build

The one i ordered says its good to 7.4 ��
Im on the west coast near vancouver

Last edited:
I dont see any on their site that look like they will work with the capra. Capra has 6 bolt ring gear correct?

Higher end ones like vanquish and ssd use 6 screws in their ring gear/spool. My stock scx10 ii used 3 screws in the same pattern, so the vanquish/ssd ring gears were still useable with the axial spools. Other companies from overseas use different screw patterns... you just have to make sure the ring gear matches the spool. The boom racing underdrive gears come with their own matching spool. The gears are all compatible with ar44 style axle housings, including the capra.

Last edited:
Got it ��thanks!
I think ill hold out for the vanquish unit, looks like a much nicer part

Last edited:
The Boom Racing gears have a keyed spool and gear to avoid putting stress on the weak M2.5 screws. Even though there are 6 on Capra/AR45/VP/SSD, they still let all that shear force work on the bolts only. The Boom Racing design is superior there.
I use both VP, stock 6 bolts and Boom Racing gears myself. My XRmod AR44 Capra with 2.2 and rear steer uses Boom Racing, works like a charm.

Oh ya, didnt notice its keyed like that, ordered a set. Thanks!

@mikaelberberg, just checked out your capra build. Very cool, good work!

Last edited:
That motor is a 540L size, from what ive read, it will fit in a Capra but you'll have to shave the rear upper link mount a little to fit it. Shaving the link mount won't hurt anything as most people don't use the top hole anyway so its no big loss

Yup, thats what ive seen as well. I cant find any comparable motor/esc combos in stock in canada, so im just going to roll with it and modify the link mount. Good excuse to fabricate or 3d print a new skid that works!

Capra kit showed up! Cant wait to dig into it with my son, will still be a couple weeks for most of the electronics.

Well i got my tires and one set of wheels that i ordered, obviously did not do enough research about tire/rim compatibility! These proline tsl’s are not going on the amazon special beadlocks i bought without damaging something. I think ill be 3d printing new inner rings for the wheels to accommodate the bead on the proline’s

I put proline flat irons on Amazon injora wheels with no problems… I wonder what’s different.

Couldnt tell you, but i was pretty careful to get the tire seated well and after using some longer screws to get everything lined up, and using a clamp, i still had a five millimetre gap between the two wheel halves.

Seems to be plenty of similar issues out there on the internet. I also ordered a setnof axial 8 hole beadlocks, maybe they will work better. I can get these to work fine with a bit of modification to the tires, or different inner wheel ring, which is what ill try first. Ive never seen or heard of the wheels i got off amazon, and they had few reviews. So a but of a gamble, but they look nice, and will work with some effort

Couldnt tell you, but i was pretty careful to get the tire seated well and after using some longer screws to get everything lined up, and using a clamp, i still had a five millimetre gap between the two wheel halves.

Sounds like you had the beadlock ring in backwards or something.

Sounds like you had the beadlock ring in backwards or something.

? Inner ring seems the same either way around.
Anyways, after a few cold ones, much determination, three different length of m3 screws and two canning jar lids, i got one mounted! Definitely no worry of popping a bead on these haha.
However, the wheels i got seem to be quite narrow, 30mm width inside the bead, so they make the tires a bit tall and they rub on the shock at full lock/bump. Can fix it with different hex hubs, but ive got a different plan!

? Inner ring seems the same either way around.

I think it was my gear head wheels that I had the beadlock ring in the wrong way, and they wouldn't close all the way. There was no "wrong way" in my other wheels, so I was confused and annoyed for a minute.

Back