• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Ultra4400 now w/ Axial Ripsaws!

Harley

20K Club
Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
ultra4400.gif

Yet another one begins.

I am hoping to keep this one quick but I am sure I know how that will work out :mrgreen: I always want to do something unique as possible but it keeps getting harder and harder these days.

The Ultra4 class is what has inspired this build. Brandon and I had talked about doing an IFS rig many months ago and now they really seem to be taking off with rigs such as RBGerrish's Hybrid. This build will be based on the incredibly popular Axial SCX-10 Honcho kit. However the twist will be that I will be adapting the Traxxas Slash 4x4 front end underneath it. In the 1:1 rules for the 4400 class a 2-speed transfer case is required, so I went and picked myself up a Traxxas Summit 2 speed trans up.

Power control is provided by Holmes Hobbies with the new Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro. The fuel will come via MaxAmps with some big 4s power :twisted: Sensored Brushless will be the motor type of choice, coming from Tekin in the flavor of a 17.5 inrunner.

The typical rear cage work will be removed for an aluminum cage that will be drastically restyled by Zorlac at the DMG.

It'll all start coming together soon. Stay tuned.

Current plans:

Axial SCX10 Honcho Base Kit
Traxxas Slash 4x4 IFS
Traxxas Summit Transmission
Summit transmission mount from Jason
Castle Mamba Max Pro
Tekin 17.5 Sensored Brushless Inrunner
MaxAmps 4s Lipo
RC4WD Two Face Tires
Aluminum Cage and sliders by DMG
Custom rear lower links for shock mounting
4-link Rear using Axial truss
Punk RC light controller
Futaba 4PK
Futaba BLS152 Steering servo
Futaba shift servo for transmission

So basically all you've got at this point to show us is a fancy graphic, and a list of your hopes and dreams?

So basically all you've got at this point to show us is a fancy graphic, and a list of your hopes and dreams?

You should know that actual building doesn't start until it gets to page 8.:lmao::lmao:

:flipoff:

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Front end. I will be using Rustler rear arms like Ryan did to get the track width a little more under control.
ultra3.jpg

Futaba Brushles servo, BLS152. Over 400 oz/in of torque.
ultra1.jpg

Of course the Futaba 4PK with custom hub made to adapt the new Vanquish Products 1.9 beadlock on as my steering wheel 8)
ultra2.jpg

Back