• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Guys thinking about getting a yeti kit have some questions!

Spence

Pebble Pounder
Hi guys, I am very interested in getting an axial yeti KIT because the kit has some added goodies like the rear link reinforcer plates and various other stuff. I like the kit as well because mostly I can build it from piles of parts and that is part of the fun"thumbsup". Also the kit is awesome because it has some better parts and I choose where to go with electronics(esc motor servo receiver) :)

But I was wondering a few things, are there upgraded rear diffs for it? I mean like alloy diff gear cups? I mean would there be a way to get a silicone sealed diff? Or are they locked diffs from the factory?

Also, is this the right part # for the RPM yeti arms? RPM70472

I was planning on using vanquish method beadlocks(or any 2.2" from them that uses their SLW hub system) and stock tires for the time being. I mean are there issues with the servo mounts flexing? And if so is there an upgrade/fix?

Also thinking steel ring and pinion gears, and upgrade sway bars, do they use the same 38/13 ring and pinion rear gear set as the wraith? Not sure about up front. Just thinking because my ax10 deadbolt had factory aluminum diff gears that lasted for a while but just wore out... Of course MIP driveshaft rear, and upgrade rear links maybe, alloy axle housing...

Thanks
-Spence

Last edited:
If you know what you want for electronics, the kit is the way to go. When I made my way back in to the hobby a year and a half ago, I bought the rtr, and it worked out well for me, as the 3150kv motor on 3s is in the sweet spot for power to weight in the yeti, where on dirt you are looking more for traction than wheelspeed. The weak spots in the rtr is the servo and the diff gears.

Over the rtr unit the kit gets

-HD diff gears AX30395
-lower control arm reinforcement plates AX31245
-Front suspension turnbuckles
-front universal axles AX31135 92mm
-Steel (not plastic) steering posts with bearings
-beadlock tires and wheels (instead of glue-on)
-better tires

The upgraded F&R diff gears a included in the kit.

You can get the alloy diff covers if you want bling.

There are also alloy axles, but keep in mind that the yeti is built from crawler-scaler parts, and it is not an arrma stunt truck; if you want an arrma stunt truck, I recommend that you buy an arrma stunt truck.

For the front arms I recommend sleeving them for $2.

ykAMNWE.jpg

The servo mounts are not the issue; use a better servo arm, and tighten the servo saver with a 1/16" or 1/8" spacer.

3r8UQKH.jpg

There is a optional front sway bar to help high speed handling, but handling at speed (and jumps) is ultimately hampered by the yeti's solid rear axle, being nose-heavy, and having a relatively high centre of gravity (compared to a SCT).

Probably the biggest suspension tuning item for speed is your choice of tire foams. The factory ones suck.

I am not a fan of the mip driveshafts, they seem to be too problematic. Use the factory shafts until they break. There is also the option of using T-maxx driveshafts on the yeti.

pu73Q4G.jpg

I hope that helps.

good choice:mrgreen:
to start the yeti needs the following upgrades from start in my eyes:

- beef tubes for the rear axle
- clamping lockouts
- ci duice wild standard foams
- alloy motor mount (i don't like plastic in this area)

- good tools!

-sleeve the hinge pins, the a-arm is not the problem:mrgreen:

then see what breaks8)

- clamping lockouts

- good tools!

then see what breaks8)

+1 for the clamping lockouts. I’ve also installed Vanquish chromoly axles... never bend an axle since [emoji106].

PS. What did you use to sleeve your pins magic_yeti? I’m having trouble finding a suitable solution here in The Netherlands, perhaps I can order it online in Germany [emoji106]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

+1 for the clamping lockouts. I’ve also installed Vanquish chromoly axles... never bend an axle since [emoji106].

PS. What did you use to sleeve your pins magic_yeti? I’m having trouble finding a suitable solution here in The Netherlands, perhaps I can order it online in Germany [emoji106]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I used a 4mm and 5mm Alutube i got from our local diy store
45426e077c51442381071428be07f3e0.jpg

- clamping lockouts

- good tools!

then see what breaks8)

Maybe get and STRC yeti motor mount? I was looking at these rear yeti shafts, they are a real CV style!

What is so wrong with the MIP rear driveshaft? I thought that would be a no-brainer upgrade?

Thanks guys for your help:)

I was looking at these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RZEPPA-JOI...579614?hash=item2ef26ac6de:g:vSwAAOSwfVpYn4~v

Last edited:
I do have an arrma kraton 6s as my monster bash truck lol and I do beat the ##$%$$ out of it lol and its a blast:D The yeti is more going to be u4rc racing and some casual yard and trail ripping...

No issues with the wb8hd drive shafts, no need for upgrade.
Only issue i lost a middle spline, as i had a little accident.

Send by my Pixel 2 XL with Tapatalk

Maybe get and STRC yeti motor mount? I was looking at these rear yeti shafts, they are a real CV style!

What is so wrong with the MIP rear driveshaft? I thought that would be a no-brainer upgrade?
They are popular, but they are not cheap, I don't know if they are better than stock, and they are not without problems. LMGTFY

I am building my bomber using the T-maxx driveshafts. US$20 for two.

gwEGXSJ.jpg

Thanks guys for your help, I mean I have had good luck with wildboar shafts on my ax10 deadbolt, never broken one... Can't wait to get a yeti kit and join the u4rc racing and other fun things lol.... are alloy differential cups F+R a necessary upgrade? If so where can I get some?

The rc4wd ones for the scx10 work. Have one in the front of my yeti. Only got it because I kept stripping screws in the plastic cups.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Back